Taking a city = warmonger penalty. Nuking a city = no warmonger penalty. What?

You shortened the war by 6 months. Ergo, you want less war. You are less of a warmonger. ;)

In fact building nukes makes everyone afraid of you and want to be friends with you :)

In fact building nukes makes everyone afraid of you and want to be friends with you :)

.... only while you have them and they don't. Oh, and AFRAID not equal to FRIENDLY.

By using nukes, you are keeping the war clean by ensuring there is no messy blood puddles everywhere. Everything is vaporized so it makes the AI happy.

I hadn't noticed that, but you can only destroy a city without capturing it by using a nuclear missile. Otherwise, even if you used the regular atomic bomb, you'd still have to come in afterwards to capture the city. Also keep in mind that when you get to the missile you have to contend with the World Congress who wants to take your nukes away from you!

Ive never had anyone propose non-nucleur proliferation though...and by that time i have enough votes to control the congress anyway.

I think they did that for realism. The non-proliferation in real life is worthless too.
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course there is a warmonger penalty if you initiate the DoW. And the civ you nuke hates you for using nukes, but the other AIs don't care about that. (Which makes no sense, but that is how it is.)

...you can only destroy a city without capturing it by using a nuclear missile.

Are you saying there is no warmonger penalty for destroying cities with nuclear missiles?!? (Now that you point it out, I can see the game mechanics working that way. Crazy!)

You get diplomatic penalties for using nukes, but you may not get warmongering penalties if what the OP says is true.

is there a simple way to adjust the modifiers for these penalties
i find it very frustrating that i accumulate huge penalties from the AI asking me to go to war with so and so every dang turn or stop trading with their mortal enemies. the only way to prevent this is to trade with nobody, but then they get mad about that too

Trying not to piss off the AI is like swimming without getting wet. I used to worry about it - now I don't care. All I care about is that they hate the OTHER guy more than they hate me. I feel like I can help with that in many many ways.

You get diplomatic penalties for using nukes...

Yes, but as best I can tell, the diplo penalty is only with the civ your are nuking. So who cares? Taking cities, OTOH, makes everyone angry. I don't think it's balanced, but I can live with it. Based on this thread, I am going to try nuking more, taking cities less.

Top Bottom