Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

This was probably addressed already but I couldn't find it. How do you edit your signature? I looked in the FAQ's for "signature" and there was something that said you do it from your Control Panel. But when I go to my CP there is no option to Edit Signature. Do I have to accumulate a certain number of posts/days first?

This was probably addressed already but I couldn't find it. How do you edit your signature? I looked in the FAQ's for "signature" and there was something that said you do it from your Control Panel. But when I go to my CP there is no option to Edit Signature. Do I have to accumulate a certain number of posts/days first?
Go to "My Account" and look on the left under "Settings and Options", it should say "Edit Signature".

I have a suggestion to make. Why aren't the members allowed to delete their own posts. I think this is something that can't cause any harm in any way and will only help unclutter threads if anything.

Any member can edit his or her own post to delete the contents of the post. There is still a post there, just without substantive content.

I have a suggestion to make. Why aren't the members allowed to delete their own posts. I think this is something that can't cause any harm in any way and will only help unclutter threads if anything.

Just edit the text to read "delete me" or "nvm.." If a mod notices it they may delete it. Even if not the content is effectively removed.

Actually, deleting posts can cause severe issues with the post database. And even when it doesn't, if the post in question is a thread starter, it deletes the entire thread, so every response post gets deleted, too.

(When moderators delete posts, we really just remove them from public view, in most cases.)

Leaving the post empty is what I figured I'd do but still it does look odd right. Anyways now that I know deleting posts can cause problems I'd rather do the above mentioned thing. Thanks.

i guess the obvious solution would be to allow posters to hide their own posts.

Deleting posts sometimes makes a discussion nonsensical - if X posts, then Y posts, then X replies, deleting Y's post might make it look like X is replying to either nothing or themselves. If Y removes the content of their post, it at least shows readers that there was probably something that X was replying to. So while we're generally happy to delete (i.e. soft delete, hide from view) posts on request if it's e.g. an accidental post, we're less likely to do so if it would disrupt the flow of a thread. Similarly, we wouldn't want users to be hiding their own posts when doing so would disrupt the flow of a thread.

Actually, deleting posts can cause severe issues with the post database.

Perhaps this is what you mean here, because on a different forum I frequent, users can delete their posts and it causes problems with the post counter. That means that it can for example look like there is one more page in the thread, you click on "Next page" but come to the same page because the number of actual posts in the thread doesn't fit with whatever's in the database. Probably an ID issue. It's pretty annoying actually.

Hello, I'm new to the forum (and the ideas of forums all together) how may I post new threads, I want to try to get support for my mod ideas currently and showcasing them would greatly benefit.

Hello, I'm new to the forum (and the ideas of forums all together) how may I post new threads, I want to try to get support for my mod ideas currently and showcasing them would greatly benefit.

When you're looking at the list of threads in the top left corner (same place where the "post reply" button is when viewing a thread) there's a button that says "New Thread". You click that.

Hi guys.
I used to login on Civ Fanatics with my older user name but now I've lost my password and am not able to login to My old account. I've used default recovery method but I don't get any mail on my email id. If anyone knows any other way than the default pls explain it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Top Bottom