Lyrics for Baba Yetu (For those who want to sing/read along)

Now my question is, how do you pronounce all that stuff?

What's the gettup and all that jazz :D Pretty amazing and awesome song that is and personally I just think that that is all that there is too it :) There are better songs no doubt or there are song with better meaning ... I dont care "Baba Yetu" is very cool and besides I've just learned that it is a catholic prayer in swahili , rocks the arse ! ^^

Link to video.

Hah, coming across this song on Youtube actually made me want to buy the game. At first, I noticed Beyond the Sword screen didn't have this song, but fortunately there was an option to change the title screen, and all was good. ;)

Archon hasn't posted since Jan. so does anyone know how to change the title screen for Warlords? (I have BtS but can't bring myself to "downgrading" my civ experience).

Hello CivFanatics! I've poked around to see if I can come up with the original lyrics to Baba Yetu, and I came across Christopher Tin's website, which has a page to buy sheet music. You can preview this music before buying, and one of the previews is actually the entire song done acapella. Including the lyrics. And pronunciations at the end.

These, then, are the official lyrics to Baba Yetu:

CHORUS
Baba yetu yetu'uliye
Mbinguni yetu yetu amina.
Baba yetu yetu'uliye
Mjina lako elitukuzwe.
(x2)

Utupe leo chakula chetu
Tunachohitaji. Utusamehe
Makosa yetu, hey!
Kama nasi tunavyowasamehe
Waliotukosea. Usitutie
Katika majaribu, lakini
Utuokoe, na yule, muovu emilele!

CHORUS

Ufalme wako ufike utakalo
Lifanyike duniani kama mbinguni.
Amina.

CHORUS

Utupe leo chakula chetu
Tunachohitaji. Utusamehe
Makosa yetu, hey!
Kama nasi tunavyowasamehe
Waliotukosea. Usitutie
Katika majaribu, lakini
Utuokoe, na yule, muovu emilele!

Baba yetu yetu'uliye
Jina lako elitukuzwe.
(x2)

Archon hasn't posted since Jan. so does anyone know how to change the title screen for Warlords? (I have BtS but can't bring myself to "downgrading" my civ experience).

As I recall, it's one of the sound options. It's been so long since I've switched my BTS to Baba Yetu that I've forgotten exactly which screen it is.

It's in options under the graphics tab. There is a little dropdown menu and you can select from 4 different menus for BTS.

Baba Yetu is great, hard to believe for the longest time I thought it was just vocalizing. I'd say it's as epic as the recurring vocal theme in the Academy award winning film, Gladiator.

This is just an amazing song. I used the translation on an upload of the song, for those who would to sing while listening. Listen to it here and sing if you like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6tapfyXMl0

Civ 4Life! :goodjob:

Seems to be on a 9-month resurrection cycle.

Top Bottom