[Religion and Revolution]: Drop in and say hallo ...

Hi everybody!

I challenge any seasoned player to forge permanent alliance with another European colony :mischief:, let's say Spanish with Portuguese. Turns out when you declare independence you have to fight BOTH Spanish and Portuguese Kings. :crazyeye: Imagine the madness with similar waves hitting you in different places.

I like your mod. It made the original game a really pleasurable one. Thank you for your work. At this time i have only one question. How can i guess at the start of the game at which parallel of lattitude my starting ship is?

Hi everybody!

I challenge any seasoned player to forge permanent alliance with another European colony :mischief:, let's say Spanish with Portuguese. Turns out when you declare independence you have to fight BOTH Spanish and Portuguese Kings. :crazyeye: Imagine the madness with similar waves hitting you in different places.

But your ally fight, right? Right??

I like your mod. It made the original game a really pleasurable one. Thank you for your work. At this time i have only one question. How can i guess at the start of the game at which parallel of lattitude my starting ship is?

The natives are divided in a northern, central and southern group (unless you hit the game option "random starting locations"), so if you meet the Aztecs, you know you are near the equator, and if you meet the Tupi, you are on the southern hemisphere.

Apart from that, you can look at the dominant terrain type where you arrive. Tundra means you are near one of the poles, grassland dominates the temperate zone, savannah and marsh the equatorial region. At least, that's how it works if you use the Faireweather mapscript.

Thank you for this mod.

It amazes me the amount of time and effort that some modders put into these forums.
The remake of my favourite game was originally unplayable. But with Age of Discovery and Dawn of a New Era, and now Religion and Revolution, the game is now challenging, fulfilling, fun and has great depth.

I love the new resources, chains, and game concepts. Seems I have a lot to learn. Thank you.

Thank you for this mod.

It amazes me the amount of time and effort that some modders put into these forums.
The remake of my favourite game was originally unplayable. But with Age of Discovery and Dawn of a New Era, and now Religion and Revolution, the game is now challenging, fulfilling, fun and has great depth.

I love the new resources, chains, and game concepts. Seems I have a lot to learn. Thank you.
I'm sure all the modders who participated to this mod will appreciate. Of course I think about Ray who has lead the project but also to Schmiddie, Nightingale, Vetiarvind, Agnat and numerous others who've spent countless hours on the project. :)

Here are some quick hints to enjoy Religion and Revolution at its best:
  • As you've already seen, the game is much more advanced. That means that you need to grow a lot deeper your colonies in order to be prepared for independence.
  • The "civil" units can be assigned to military professions (town guards, infantry, dragoon, cavalry, etc.). Professional units exist for each of these professions. They can be armed either with blades, firearms and/or horses.
  • The strictly "military" units cannot be assigned to professions. Those are settler militias, conquistadors, mounted conquistadors, rangers, native mercenaries (maybe others I can't look from here). They work exactly like cannons, or military ships as strictly military units. However, contrary to those, they cannot be produced or sold. They can only be acquired through special events popping up on your screen.
  • Tools are still needed to produce firearms, but you can directly produce blades from iron ore (assigning that task to your blacksmith). Units equipped with blades are of course less powerful than those equiped with firearms, but they can have other advantages, so be sure to read the colopedia about this.
  • You can claim lands through forts. this can be useful to block the AI advance to a territory you aim to colonize, or to protect the road to a distant colony (for instance in order to reach a gold bonus).
  • Health is an important issue. When the city reaches a population of about 10, health will start to decrease (becoming negative) and that will reduce proportionnally your production. You need a "healer" (don't remember the exact name in English) to produce positive health and counter the disease. You can get 10 points of positive health at max, which will increase of 10% your city production. Negative health can drop at 25 if I remember well (reducing all your production, including food, of 25%).
  • When the game is becoming more advanced, new commercial networks are becoming decisive : customhouse in order to sell goods in Europe, and the domestic market. The domestic markets are units of goods directly "consumed" within your colony. Beware that it's not taken into account in the figure of production, but it does disappear at next turn from your total of goods if you have some in reserve. If you don't, then nothing happens (no good are then consumed in your domestic market). The great thing about the domestic market is that goods are sold at a more expensive prices without any taxes. To grow your domestic market, you need to build a market in your city (and then a serie of more advanced buildings following).
  • The more advanced will be your administrative building, the best are the buildings you can build in your colony.
  • You can send in the high seas fishing boats and whaling boats. Fishing boats will fill a cargo of 100 food that will need to be sent to a colony and which will be added to your local food production. Whaling boats will come back with 100 whale blubber units that can be transformed into your colony as train oil (a very valuable ressource).
  • Only smuggling ships can reach Port Royal (a pirate/underground territory) in which you can sell alcohol and so at a higher price. "Taxes" in Port Royal are a fixed 20% bribery.
  • With culture, you can grow the borders not only of your territory, but of your city radius as well. It's important to know that you need 100 culture to increase your city radius to a second level.
  • There's a lot more diversity in the goods required to produced buildings or units. Those requirements make better sense (for instance sailclothes, horses and hammers are required to build a chariot). This feature needs a bit of thinking when automatizing the trade routes of chariots. Fortunately, modders made a fantastic work to help you define what is imported and exported for each colony, with thresholds (min or max limits) which allows you to do that accurately and with no risk.

Those are things which just came in my mind, but there can be others. So don't hesitate.

Few days ago I was finally able to catch some time and play RaR again.Afer so many hours spent on game I still find this mod so exciting and enjoyable.
Thx again to whole RaR team, this mode was and still is something really special.

Always nice to hear that there are still people that occassionally play our mod. :)
We modders had really dedicated a lot of our time and passions to this project.

And you did fantastic job with RAR.Perfectly stable mod, so many features, few bugs...My guess is people are still playing it, but since it is finished project no one comes here to comment it.

I've been really enjoying this mod recently. It's a really fantastic piece of work and deserves a wider audience. Also I started out Civ modding by modding Civ4Col art and it's nice to see that some of my earliest efforts live on in some shape or form in RaR. :)

Hi Folks, I'm still lurking around in this forum. Have re-installed the game on my new gaming-PC and it works under WIN 10 as well.

I will start a new game shortly and see what happens... :king:

Hi Folks, I'm still lurking around in this forum. Have re-installed the game on my new gaming-PC and it works under WIN 10 as well.

I will start a new game shortly and see what happens... :king:

I played it under Win 10 and works wihout issue.

Just wanted to post a gorgeous canal from a gigantic FaireWeather map. Probably the best I've ever seen in one of my games. Look upon its beauty!

Attachments

• That canal!.jpg
    That canal!.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 288
Hello everybody!
Guys, I just want to drop in and say THANK YOU ALL for this awesome mod. I've spend hundreds of hours playing it, since it replaced TAC about 6 years ago. Your mod is a real sequel of Col 1994, and the fact some of you still work to improve it is amazing. You have all done fantastic job! Ray, Schmiddie, Nightingale, and others, I wish I might shake your hands one day.
Chapeau bas!

Top Bottom