BAT-Mod on CA Folder??

Robert FIN

Emperor
Hi BUG-team! I've been enjoying your awesome BUG-Mod in Custom Assets- folder. However, I got bored with normal graphics and got myself BlueMarble Mod, to CA of course. Now I wanted Varietas Delectat- Mod but it WASN'T CA-friendly. Lemon Merchant told me to get BAT-Mod. It seems to be the best mod I know- all in one. However, I'm pretty sure that there is not Custom Assset- version! Right? I can't get everything or can I? Why CA? Why that stupid Robert wants to put the whole world to CA-folder? Well the answer is that he plays forum games- Nobles' Club for example. If he plays with Standalone Mod, others cannot load his saves with their vanilla BtS and he won't get help. He never beats Monarch then. Got the point? Thanks!

BAT mod cannot be loaded to CA. It is a stand alone mod and should be installed under the BtS mod directory int the 'my progs' folder(s).

Yes - that means that your BAT games cannot be shared with others playing vanilla BtS. They can be shared with others playing the BAT mod.

or if you create WB save or use them

I'm not an expert on this, but I've heard of other people converting a mod over to CA before, like BUFFY. Probably involved copying the custom files over to a unique CA folder. Also, BAT has its own custom DLL which would need to be activated in the normal Assets folder like you would do with BULL.

I may try to do this at some point since I use BAT a lot.

or if you create WB save or use them

I'm not an expert on this, but I've heard of other people converting a mod over to CA before, like BUFFY. Probably involved copying the custom files over to a unique CA folder. Also, BAT has its own custom DLL which would need to be activated in the normal Assets folder like you would do with BULL.

I may try to do this at some point since I use BAT a lot.

What? If I save a game at WB while playing BAT can I open it in vanilla BtS WB? Good idea!

That is true ... but doing that resets a lot of game counters (GPs, culture to next expansion, food, production, etc). It is exactly like starting a new game from an existing position.

Sooo, it causes harm and damage to my save? No fun..

It does not matter at Turn 0 though. I would not attempt converting a save unless it was at the start. As ruff said, it resets everything. Your cities and units are still there, but you lose all your junk.

You should always keep a version of BUG/BULL in your Custom assets folder anyway. You can run BAT with that setup anyway. I do that all the time. That way you can load up any forum game you want to check out with full BUGgy goodness.

(I tried messing with BAT in CA, but Civ would not even load. BAT has some folders outside assets as well that I've no clue what to do with. Regardless it takes a smarter man...er...woman ;) than me to make this happen)

Regardless it takes a smarter man...er...woman ;) than me to make this happen)
The smarties there are EF and ruff_hi, not me. I just fold stuff together... sort of...

I do, however, mangle Python beautifully. It truly is a sight to behold. :rolleyes:

But.. But.. I'm the noobiest in this group: I failed to get BULL.. Too difficult. I give up. :p

Top Bottom