Will there ever be a "release" version of C2C?

I think eventually there might be a release, but it's more likely individual Eras are going to be considered 100 percent completed soon, starting with Prehistoric. There comes a time when :

All new content is added
Strategy and ststs are optimized
Typos are fixed

I just registered on CivFanatics to congratulate the C2C team and laud them for their tireless efforts. I'm new to this mod, but I've been around the mod block and this one is by far the best. I've played mods with significantly less content that somehow tend to perform far below the bar set by this talented team. C2C may crash and run a little slowly at times, but not only are these repercussions a small price to pay for a Civilization experience truly inspiring and educational in its scope, but they pale in comparison to the frustrations I've endured from other mods, and hence, I have the utmost confidence that this team will continue to rectify them to the players' benefit.

I will never play another mod again, as C2C is a perfect realization of what Civilization should be, and this development team shares my views and opinions exactly. I would be more than happy to pay for the privilege to enjoy this mod despite its flaws and setbacks and I want to thank everyone involved for making such a game possible.

I'll avail myself to improving this mod by whatever means I can and hope to one day see these guys' vision come to full fruition.

Thanks man! Welcome to the forum! We've been low on voices lately... nice to see things pick up a bit again.

I think eventually there might be a release, but it's more likely individual Eras are going to be considered 100 percent completed soon, starting with Prehistoric. There comes a time when :

All new content is added
Strategy and ststs are optimized
Typos are fixed

While you were away a lot of effort as gone in to fix typos, provide translations, make sure tech quotes have audio and even a major overhaul to icon/buttons so they are all in similar style. Its amazing how polished C2C is looking now.

Thanks man! Welcome to the forum! We've been low on voices lately... nice to see things pick up a bit again.

I still "Love" you all. :D

It's just that long time Critic/Tester needs to take breaks too. (and I Know you all Love that too!) :p

JosEPh ;)

While you were away a lot of effort as gone in to fix typos, provide translations, make sure tech quotes have audio and even a major overhaul to icon/buttons so they are all in similar style. Its amazing how polished C2C is looking now.

Is there a list somewhere of what needs fixing for version 36?

I'd like to ask if there's much hope for the technical issues identified in this old thread getting much better? C2C is a huge mod, and if there's nothing that can be done I understand, but as things stand I almost never play C2C these days because the performance and crashing (MAF) issues are simply too great once I pass beyond the first couple of eras.

I have been playing the latest C2C version (map size override 96x60, which is a bit larger than "standard size") for a few months with no MAF nor CTD issues. Now in the Modern Era.

Top Bottom