C2C - Building Review Thread

Click 'New Thread' and then scroll down to the Additional Options, where there's one for poll questions. That said, I'd consider recording myself playing the C2C early game if that's what it takes to be considered 'people'.

1. You should set up a poll then.

2. That would be wonderful if you made a C2C LP YouTube video!!! :w00t:

2. That would be wonderful if you made a C2C LP YouTube video!!! :w00t:

First, I'd need to look into getting the software. Video capture is different to voice capture. :p

Hydro did you want me to merge all your BuildingInfos. Xml together to one file?

So I started a new game and noticed that Berry Bushes, Root Tubers, Seed Camp, Bug Catcher, Termite Mound, and Nutcracking Stone and Wild Mushrooms could use a strategy boost.

I propose:

26.Berry Bushes
+1 :food: + 1 :p
Provides 1 Fruit
+ :health: with Naturopathy
Obsolete with Gardening

27.Stick Gatherer
+1 :hammers:
Requires Housing (Tree Hollow)
+Decrease from 5 :hammers: to 3 :hammers:
Obsolete with Fire Making

28.Root Tubers
+1 :food:
Requires Housing (Animal Burrow)
Obsolete with Agriculture

29.Seed Camp
+ 1 :food:
+ 1 :food: with Baskets
7 :hammers:
Obsolete at Agriculture

30. Bug Catcher
+1 :food:
+1 :) with Nets
+1 :science: with Fruit (watch them grow up in a container)
+2 Disease
-1 Disease with Cooking
-1 Disease with Drying
-1 :food: with Poultry Domestication
+1 :hammers: with Poultry Domestication
Requires Baskets Or Fruit Or Nets
Obsolete at Sericulture

31. Termite Mound
Requires Stick Gatherer
Obsolete at Drying

32. Wild Mushrooms
+ 1 :p + 1 :food:
+1 :health: with Herbalism
-1 :food: with Poison Crafting
+1 :hammers: with Poison Crafting
+ 1 :) with Prehistoric Dance (psychedelic mushrooms)
Obsolete with Gardening

@MrAzure

When you put :p do you mean :yuck:?

26.Berry Bushes
Provides 1 Fruit

Since it goes obsolete one would loose the resource and all the things it Unlocks. So it cannot have a resource requirement. Also we have a Berry resource so it would not be fruit anyways.

27.Stick Gatherer
+1
Requires Housing (Tree Hollow)

Why the heck would it require Tree Hollow? :confused:

28.Root Tubers
Requires Housing (Animal Burrow)

You realize these early houses get replaced right? None of these should require housing.

29.Seed Camp
+ 1 with Baskets

I like the baskets addition. But why the increase in cost?

30. Bug Catcher

Whoa there. Too detailed for a simple building. Remember this is a "catcher" not a bug breeder. If anything maybe +1 :food: with Nets.

31. Termite Mound
Requires Stick Gatherer
Obsolete at Drying

I approve the stick gatherer requirement, but I still think cooking is the correct obsolete tech.

32. Wild Mushrooms

I think a bit too much for the starter buildings.

33. Nut Cracking Stone
I don't think any of those fit. We already have a Quern for most of that other stuff.

So An Overview ...

26. Berry Bushes - Unchanged
27. Stick Gatherer - Unchanged
28. Root Tubers - Unchanged
29. Seed Camp - Add +1 :food: with Baskets
30. Bug Catcher - Add +1 :food: with Nets
31. Termite Mound - Add Requires Stick Gatherer
32. Wild Mushrooms - Unchanged
33. Nut Cracking Stone - Unchanged

Has Tree Hollow actually been changed to remove itself it yet? It hangs around for millennia, even into the Mediaeval Era and beyond.

I'm posponing the changes I suggested days ago, I want to concetrrate on the Transhuman Era finished first before suggesting modifications for other Eras. Transhuman is my greatest strength.

This Thread is for reviews, not new buildings. ALso, I recommend to drop the + Defense from Rolling Logs and add some chance that attackers suffer damage (like traps) instead. Also, the "oil" for Murder Holes is not constantly burning, so I think your Air Pollution and Flamaility are both very high.

This Thread is for reviews, not new buildings. ALso, I recommend to drop the + Defense from Rolling Logs and add some chance that attackers suffer damage (like traps) instead. Also, the "oil" for Murder Holes is not constantly burning, so I think your Air Pollution and Flamaility are both very high.

Oops! Will move.

I am doing some work on the Trade Goods at the moment. Basically I a turning them from a wonder into a regular building that requires the culture associated with the Trade Good plus a number of normal buildings so that you can't build them in every city.

For example the bonus Jade allows the cultures
- Liangzhu (new)
- Shang
- Olmec

and the following buildings

- Jade Merchant (Local) at Barter (new)
- Jade Importer at Trade (new) - these two are mutually exclusive
- Jade Carver (new)

Liangzhu has the Trade Good "Liangzhu Jades" which is provided by a Liangzhu Jade Carver building. This building requires 2 Jade Carver buildings to build.​

The current South American Jade Masks wonder trade good will be changed to require two carver buildings and produce one mask.

I will probably also be adding trade goods based on jade to the Olmec and Shang cultures if they don't have heroes or units.

Very cool DH! I'm liking the idea of unique trade goods accessed by particular cultures as a fill-in for a possible 'hero' unit. Wonderful out of the box thinking!

I am thinking that the building pedia page needs to change. Buildings that provide resources basically provide access to units and buildings that require those resources so those extra buildings and units should be showing up as being available because of the building. This should mean that you will be able to see the heroes and units on the culture wonder page rather than having to go culture resource to find them.

I think I have figured out how only those nations importing trade goods can also get economic benefit from them, The producer is already getting the benefit. I a thinking each trade good would have an importer of that good that can only be built in nations without the culture needed to build it.

I have never built a Termite Mound. Cooking is something I go for very early.

I always thought the Stone Tool Maker should have a negative +2:yuck: maybe....

The early really is quiet good. Tinkering with it could be a bad idea IMO

Top Bottom