C2C - Wonder Civs

I have proposition: please cut down national units limit to 10. Almost every culture unit is better then normal one and im games my army is include mostly cultural units.

Currently there is a number in the XML which is used. I think it may adjust to game speed but I am not sure. If it does we would like to keep that feature.

We could replace that number with a variable name like we use in the spawn code. It would perhaps allow us to replace the Infinite National Units option with a selection in the Options perhaps. I think it will need some dll work to accept both a number and a global defines variable in that field.

@DH

If you want Liangzhu to have Jade then we need to find Shang another resource. Note resource reqs get changed all the time as more cultures get added so don't feel bad about wanting Liangzhu to have jade.

You can see on my chart which map resources without Asian cultures.

In addition i also have a set of Asian cultures without requirements yet. Which are ...

- Malaysian
- Liangzhu (which you were wanting)
- Nivkh
- Munda

I also have ones not with cultures/wonders yet ...

- Jin
- Song

That remiends me I got to find that Jade Axeman that was posted awhile back.

I was going to add in Yangshao with painted pottery as the trade good and perhaps fine clay as the vicinity bonus.

Currently Joseon has Fine Clay for Asian.

Note I have a TON more cultures I want to add but I have been trying to complete the others we have first. Not to mention I have not seen climat around to make more.

I could step in

Ok I will try to get a list for you.

BTW can you do the Culture Wonders too? Note like before they would have a cost of -1 so you cannot actually build them.

Here were the instructions I gave before. The difference is now all my mods are combined into one HUGE document. So make sure any new wonders are grouped at the end of the other culture wonders in the xml so they can be found together.

Thanks for your help! :goodjob:

The Chinese culture is showing up under the wrong tech causing the AI to think that its units and heroes are available at Ancestor Worship tech when in fact due to the silk vicinity requirement they are not available until Sericulture. This means that the AI over values xxx and under values Sericulture when making decisions.

Mu original thought when working on the Laingzhu and Yangshao cultures were that one or the other would be the requirement for Chinese instead of silk. I had forgotten about the Shang culture. This only works where many cultures become one unfortunately.

The Chinese culture is showing up under the wrong tech causing the AI to think that its units and heroes are available at Ancestor Worship tech when in fact due to the silk vicinity requirement they are not available until Sericulture. This means that the AI over values xxx and under values Sericulture when making decisions.

Mu original thought when working on the Laingzhu and Yangshao cultures were that one or the other would be the requirement for Chinese instead of silk. I had forgotten about the Shang culture. This only works where many cultures become one unfortunately.

1. Well I wanted to cover both Silk and Ancestor Worship in the Chinese culture which is why I made it require the tech and the resource.

2. Well I would like to change Laingzhu to Jade instead. However I need to find another resource for Shang culture so we don't have 2 cultures with Jade. Overall I think Laingzhu is better fit for jade since now you have our Jade resource AND the new Jade Axeman UU.

Great work on some of those wonders you have fixed, thx for being such a GREAT help and your ethics are fantastic. :goodjob:

@Sargon

Ok here is the BIG list. Note most came from this mod.

- Abenaki (North American)
- Aksum (African)
- Aleut (North American)
- Al-Hejaz (Middle Eastern)
- Angola (African)
- Aragon (Euuropean)
- Arapaho (North American)
- Athabaskan (North American)
- Atrebates (European)
- Aydin (Middle Eastern)
- Bantu (African)
- Belgae (European)
- Brigantia (European)
- Caledonii (European)
- Cantiaci (European)
- Carvetti (European)
- Clovis (North American)
- Colchis (Middle Eastern)
- Corieltauvi (European)
- Corinth (Middle Eastern)
- Crow (North American)
- Dacia (European)
- Dali (Asian)
- Dobunni (European)
- Dulkadir (Middle Eastern)
- Dumnonii (European)
- Elam (Middle Eastern)
- Etruria (European)
- Frisia (European)
- Gambia (African)
- Garamantes (African)
- Gauls (European)
- Gupta (Asian)
- Han (Asian)
- Harappa (Asian)
- Hurrians (Middle Eastern)
- Hyksos (African)
- Iberii (European)
- Iceni (European)
- Illyria (European)
- Iona (European)
- Ithaca (European)
- Jandarids (Middle Eastern)
- Jin (Asian)
- Jutes (European)
- Kamarupa (Asian)
- Karaman (Middle Eastern)
- Kushan (Asian)
- Maurya (Asian)
- Medes (Middle Eastern)
- Mentese (Middle Eastern)
- Mitanni (Middle Eastern)
- Mycenae (European)
- Nabataea (Middle Eastern)
- Nivkh (Asian)
- Numidia (Middle Eastern)
- Palmyra (Middle Eastern)
- Parisi (European)
- Pawnee (North American)
- Philistines (Middle Eastern)
- Pomo (North American)
- Punt (African)
- Pyu (Asian)
- Qin (Asian)
- Ramadanids (Middle Eastern)
- Saba (Middle Eastern)
- Saruhan (Middle Eastern)
- Sarmatia (Middle Eastern)
- Shoshone (North American)
- Song (Asian)
- Solutrean (European)
- Suebi (European)
- Sweedish (European)
- Tartessos (European)
- Thebes (European)
- Thrace (European)
- Tillamook (North American)
- Tongva (North American)
- Ugarit (Middle Eastern)
- Vandals (European)
- Yakima (North American)

I am seriously thinking about having cultures require 2 resources instead of just one).

I am seriously thinking about having cultures require 2 resources instead of just one).
That's becoming more and more a good idea I think.

Also... I'd LOVE to see a game option (it could use the replacement mechanism) that would make cultures more like a progression tree. For example, Laingzhu WOULD require Chinese culture.

This would be also good in that both Shang and Laingzhu could require Jade as well a a 2nd different resource.

Also... I'd LOVE to see a game option (it could use the replacement mechanism) that would make cultures more like a progression tree. For example, Laingzhu WOULD require Chinese culture.

But how would one do the Chinese culture that way? Since there is only one Chinese culture then only the person with it could get Laingzhu.

Some research revels that Athabaskan contain both Navajo and Dene, culture we have already. I'd like to strike this from the list

I am specially meaning the Alaska interior tribes. Ex. Alaskan Athabaskans, Northern Athabaskans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Natives

Note I realize there is also an Athabaskan language that is shared by many groups because of their migration into North America.

Also Dene are like the Canadian Athabaskans. Do you think we should just call them "Alaskan"?

- I don't think Han is a separate culture. Even today the Chinese call themselves Han.
- Corinth is European not Middle Eastern surely.
- I was a bit concerned to see everyone in discussion consistently misspelling Liangzhu lately

It is because I am dyslexic and Laingzhu and Liangzhu look the same to me. It was spelt Liangzhu in the XML but has been removed anyway.

But how would one do the Chinese culture that way? Since there is only one Chinese culture then only the person with it could get Laingzhu.
True it can't be done quite yet. Once the Ideas project gets underway and %s of differing cultural influences in each city are tracked then we could establish such a prereq... just wouldn't be a 'bonus' requirement exactly.

So here is the start of the 2 resource culture. I started with Oceania since it has the least cultures.

Oceanian
- Aborigine = Kangaroo + Fine Clay
- Australian = Gold + Kangaroo
- Bandanese = Spices + Fish
- Figian = Kava + Fish
- Hawaiian = Coconut + Kava
- Maori = Prime Timber + Fish
- New Zealand = Sheep + Prime Timber
- Noongar = Kangaroo + Pomegranate
- Papuan = Potatoes + Kangaroo
- Polynesian = Fish + Coconuts
- Rapa Nui = Stone + Coconuts
- Samoan = Bananas + Kava
- Tasmanian = Tin + Kangaroo
- Tahitian = Vanilla + Pearls
- Tongan = Pearls + Coconuts

Since there were so many prehistoric level cultures I had a limited number of resources I could use since I did not want to have them have to wait until the resource is discovered. The only one that is pushing it a bit is the Maori since you can get Carpentry (Prime Timber) before Boat Fishing (Fish) or vice verse. if someone has a better idea let me know. My original was idea was to take DH's plan with the Moa, and have it require Poultry (Poultry Domestication), but that comes long after Carpentry. And the Maori might be replaced by then.

@Sargon

If it would not be too much trouble could you make those changes above? I don't want to step on your toes when you are adding the wonders. If not that's ok too I can just wait until you are done adding the new culture wonders. Just let me know which you want to do (or not do).

+1
I like this idea too. Culture spam should be little harder if we want place more cultures in-game. This add also more replayability to the game.

Top Bottom