full PLE mod for BUG

It's the little tank/airplane/ship (probably for filtering land/air/naval units)

Yes, that's exactly what those are.

Wounded and Healthy
Land, Air, Sea
Non-combat (worker, settler, missionary, exec, scout, explorer, spy) and combat -- house and tank IIRC
Foreign (red) and domestic (green)

In BUG 2.30, clicking a filter hides units that match it. Click again to show the units. The soon-to-be-released BUG 3.0 adds a more intuitive behavior (click wounded to see wounded units only).

BTW, feel free to ask about any features or interface elements you do not understand. Sorry the help file isn't working for you. Are you on Windows XP?

Yes, that's exactly what those are.

Wounded and Healthy
Land, Air, Sea
Non-combat (worker, settler, missionary, exec, scout, explorer, spy) and combat -- house and tank IIRC
Foreign (red) and domestic (green)

In BUG 2.30, clicking a filter hides units that match it. Click again to show the units. The soon-to-be-released BUG 3.0 adds a more intuitive behavior (click wounded to see wounded units only).

BTW, feel free to ask about any features or interface elements you do not understand. Sorry the help file isn't working for you. Are you on Windows XP?

Yup on XP (hangs head in shame at lack of savviness to run linux [or even pronounce it]). And I had it backwards on the little red/green crosses I thought they made those units show up.

Not sure what the star/arrow are or the stacked squares/triangle-square

The backwards behavior you are experiencing is the default PLE mode. I think it's counter-intuitive, and I'd guess you agree. :) I added a BUG mode that works as you'd expect.

Also, with the PLE mode, you can hide both wounded and healthy units resulting in all units being hidden. I thought that was also counter-intuitive, so the BUG mode makes related filters mutually exclusive. If you have "show only wounded" selected and click "show only healthy", the "show only wounded" filter turns off.

This new mode is only available in our code repository right now. I won't subject you to SVN, though I think you've demonstrated enough skill to handle it up to this point. We should be releasing 3.0 in the next couple weeks, though. *crosses fingers*

Not sure what the star/arrow are or the stacked squares/triangle-square.

Oops, forgot to answer this part. The first two are actually specialized views for promoting and upgrading units. The second two alter the stacked column/row views.

Star: View units that can be promoted with buttons for each available promotion next to the unit.

Up-Arrow: View units that can be upgraded with buttons for each target upgrade next to the unit.

Stacked Squares: When using horizontal or vertical stacking view mode (3rd and 4th buttons from left), groups units by unit type.

Triangle and Square: When using horizontal or vertical stacking view mode (3rd and 4th buttons from left), groups units by selection group.

You can also view the help file on-line, but PLE help isn't in either help file.;)

----> That is an arrow. Could you point that arrow towards this mythical on-line help file?

I still don't know why we need these new fangled PLE filters. Ctrl-H (select damaged units) works fine for me.

Because you're not the only one using BUG, and not everyone has the same taste in play style as you?:p
As long as I can turn those stupid buttons off - and remove some of the additional lines / boxes, etc around my units. :gripe:
Spoiler :
all in good fun, not meaning to be a dick or anything :D

I don't use the filters, but I really like the horizontal stack view mode. Actually, in my wars I've started using the Healthy unit filter so I can easily move the unhurt units forward to the next city. And when a war partner drops their stack on top of mine, the Domestic filter comes in handy, too.

As long as I can turn those stupid buttons off

That was added a couple days ago. Set your default view and group mode and then turn off all the buttons. Problem solved. :)

and remove some of the additional lines / boxes, etc around my units.

If you give me specifics, I'll see what I can do.

I don't use the filters, but I really like the horizontal stack view mode. Actually, in my wars I've started using the Healthy unit filter so I can easily move the unhurt units forward to the next city. And when a war partner drops their stack on top of mine, the Domestic filter comes in handy, too.

I use all of them (some frequently, some less), and with the new BUG mode for filters, they are even better! :goodjob:

Firstly - let me say that I haven't tried out the latest version of PLE in BUG and what I am about to say could already be in BUG.

Here is the standard unit plot ...

Here is my version of BUG ...

You will notice some differences ...
  • little arrow for upgrade
  • two bars at the top for movement(?) and health(?) - any idea which is which?
  • removal of bar at the bottom (health)
  • movement dot has moved up slightly
Obviously, I chose a poor example as this one doesn't show promotion available, current function (ie fort) or GG added (little star).

What I would like is the ability to add / strip off all of the PLE additions one by one so that I can get back to vanilla BtS unit plots. Now that doesn't sound too hard does it? :D

Go to the BUG Options screen and switch to the "Unit Icons" tab.

• Under "Indicators, uncheck these options:
    • Upgrade Available
    • Great General
    • Mission Tag
  • Uncheck "Movement Bar"
Done!

BTW, the health bar is on top (green/red by default); the movement (blue/yellow) is on bottom. You can freely change these colors as well.

Now, I'm sorry but the health bar cannot be moved to below the unit, nor can the dot be lowered currently. Do these settings satisfy your needs, though?

Those new buttons and the hover text in the latest SVN version are great ! Great work, as usual :goodjob: !!!

Thanks! The new icons are courtesy of NikNaks, the designer of our logo. Look forward to some new buttons for CDA as well. :)

A question for you all that have used the filtering buttons (healthy and wounded; land, sea and air; civilian and military; and foreign and domestic): I want to add some more filters, but space will become a problem. I have thought of a way to combine related buttons into a single button. Please comment on how you think this would appeal or not to you.

All filters start off -- you see all your units.

1. You click the "healthy" filter (the green plus). It gets highlighted with a yellow circle and only healthy units are shown.
  2. You click it again and it turns into a red plus. Only wounded units are shown.
  3. You click it a third time, the highlight is removed and it turns back into a green plus. All units are shown; the filter is off.
Does this seem confusing? It might be hard to tell without actually playing with the button, but I'd love some feedback before I change it.

Also, if anyone has requests for other filters, post those please. The first one that comes to mind to me is a "can move" filter to hide units that can't move anymore this turn. It will make attacking a city from a stack much easier, hiding units that have already attacked.

is there a 'turn off all silly filters, groupings, etc' button?

Top Bottom