Caveman 2 Cosmos

Yeah I play on Monarch Difficulty, Standard Size, Snail Speed and C2C Perfect World Map and I still get my butt kicked for much of the time. I would say I am smack dab in the middle with one half weaker than me and the other half stronger than me. Personally I think that is a good thing seems to be balanced in that aspect of the game. Its not fun to be at the bottom and it can get boring at the top.

I also (playing as emperor start with flex difficulty) have trouble keeping up with the AI at first. It may be map dependent (I am playing on giant map, ROM archipelego) or perhaps game speed (snail here). I was literally 20 techs behind the leaders when I first met someone from a different landmass (had 2 weak AIs on my starting landmass). Are you finding you streak ahead BEFORE bronze working/monarchy or only after? I suspect it's the city limits associated with civics (which are new in V15) that might be causing your AI issues.

I also (playing as emperor start with flex difficulty) have trouble keeping up with the AI at first. It may be map dependent (I am playing on giant map, ROM archipelego) or perhaps game speed (snail here). I was literally 20 techs behind the leaders when I first met someone from a different landmass (had 2 weak AIs on my starting landmass). Are you finding you streak ahead BEFORE bronze working/monarchy or only after? I suspect it's the city limits associated with civics (which are new in V15) that might be causing your AI issues.

Thats a good point, but the way that one guy said is, that they only had one city, that is really hard to believe in v15 and above. If anything its got to be ALOT closer than usual now because of the Limited Cities. Of course you always get that FLUKE game, i get them also once a month or so and everything just goes right for the Human player. But next time its like you said i am always lately 20 techs behind now.:blush:

Just updated to 15.1 from my 15 game and keep getting an endless turn after the save point I'm supplying.
Thought those were fixed. *wink*

Cheers

Edit: Reverting back to 15 solved it.

Edit2: Folder name for use with save game is Caveman2CosmosSolo
I use that to test out own changes and play my solo games with my own settings, as opposed to playing with others in MP games.

I can confirm this, I also get the endless turn around ancient era.
I thought it might have to do with someone building the zulu embassy wonder, but it still happened when I removed the city that was building it.

CTD for me at same turn.

i tryed to go back many times.

can some1 have a look its its my Pc or a bug ?

Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-950
Corsair Dominator DHX DDR3 1600MHz 12GB
Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 120GB
4x Western Digital Caviar® Green? 2TB (8 TB)
ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366
MSI GeForce GTS 250 1GB PhysX CUDA GDDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I just got the Quest Horse Wisperer what ask for 15 Stables till Renaissance.
Looks like the quest system have to changed also to get in line with the City limits of the civs.
(I will do a other change of the max in my game to 4/8/16 so Monarchy can finish the quests in a gigantic world. Even if the Horse Wisperer is a very difficulty quest because of the local resource requirment ^^)

Thank you!
I am really hungry to play this updated mod :)

I'm afraid it doesn't hang for me. Can you tell me PRECISELY what you do from the save game state up until the point it hangs. When I loaded it there was one unit left to move (an early merchant) in the current turn. I just fortified it and hit enter, and the end turn completed fine. If you are doing ANYTHING different to this please let me have the details.

CTD for me at same turn.

i tryed to go back many times.

can some1 have a look its its my Pc or a bug ?

This one I can't load (it's not a max compat format save). Please do the following:

1) Load it
2) Resave immediately as max compat save
3) Load THAT and check it still CTDs on end turn
4) If so upload that save please

Yeah I play on Monarch Difficulty, Standard Size, Snail Speed and C2C Perfect World Map and I still get my butt kicked for much of the time. I would say I am smack dab in the middle with one half weaker than me and the other half stronger than me. Personally I think that is a good thing seems to be balanced in that aspect of the game. Its not fun to be at the bottom and it can get boring at the top.

I play Perfect World also. That series of scripts has always turned out well for me with designs that make sense. I also like being able to reduce ocean level to low.

I'm sure starting location plays a huge role in how the empire fairs, and in this one I'm on a slippery slope due to the war and a big desert nearby. The other two AIs are just getting fat with wonders and techs, and surprisingly have NOT warred on each other.

Unfortunately, my nearby enemy became a vassal of Ragnar right after we made peace, so there is no way I can even attempt to take him out now! :cry:

It's all good though. With all the new changes we've been talking about recently, I anticipate a restart soon! :D

Top Bottom