RANDOM RANTS XXXIII: World, Y U make me fed up wit U?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my autistic traits is spelling everything as perfectly as I can manage. Even my texts employ proper punctuation and grammar. :)

Same here :lol: I can't stand wrong punctuation/grammar/spelling etc.

On the point of calling someone out, an emoticon is not a full stop. Don't forget to punctuate, folks! :)

On the point of calling someone out, an emoticon is not a full stop. Don't forget to punctuate, folks! :)

But I hate it when people put an emoticon and a full stop :hmm:

Especially when you call them out on it and they just shrug and said "it doesn't matter" :mad:

Well it does not matter, since this is not an essay contest. :D

See, now, I agree with you there, and I'd watch my punctuations in a more formal context. But some people seem to think punctuations don't matter, full stop (pun intended). These people are typically the same people who think you don't need to bother with spelling because 1) it's so old-fashioned or 2) there's spellcheck or 3) they're just lazy and they claim everyone understand them anyway even if their spelling is horrid.

I say good spelling facilitates easy and efficient communication and, if nothing else, it's a matter of simple public decency. I don't hold it against someone if they're a bad speller, as long as they at least recognises that they are bad spellers, acknowledges the importance of good spelling and watch their spelling as needed, instead of telling me to "get on with the times".

See, now, I agree with you there, and I'd watch my punctuations in a more formal context. But some people seem to think punctuations don't matter, full stop (pun intended). These people are typically the same people who think you don't need to bother with spelling because 1) it's so old-fashioned or 2) there's spellcheck or 3) they're just lazy and they claim everyone understand them anyway even if their spelling is horrid.

I say good spelling facilitates easy and efficient communication and, if nothing else, it's a matter of simple public decency. I don't hold it against someone if they're a bad speller, as long as they at least recognises that they are bad spellers, acknowledges the importance of good spelling and watch their spelling as needed, instead of telling me to "get on with the times".

Understands* ;)

I don't really have a reason for wanting people to do it, apart from getting really pissed off when people don't.

My normal internet speed is 1.55 mbps down, 0.2 mbps up.

So please, explain to me, CenturyTel, just what. the. :mad::mad::mad::mad:. is. this.

there's an Evil Cloud of Doom (tm) close to me. its movign eastwards, but i have no idea how it will affect me, beyond the run of the mill thunderstorm.

My download speed is more than three times faster than yours. :p

I heard that downloading with that speed through using a bittorrent protocol from SBC fluctuate up around 300 or so kb/s down to less than a hundred, and sometimes around 10. (with good seed)

Thank god I got Time Warner in my area.

So much for a 130 Mbps connection, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom