How to remove slavery buildings and worldview?

lobosan

Warlord
This is a two part noob question:

1) How do I remove a slave or any other building from a conquered city?
I think there is a keyboard shortcut but I couldn't find it in the in-game civilopedia or online.

2) How do I remove the multiple Slavery Worldviews?
I have used up several great people to remove the world view without change. I even used the world editor to manually remove the worldview from a city with little success.

I am using C2C VPN build from 9/23/14.

The Judge unit should be able to remove worldviews (Great People can too but it's a rough way to use them.)

CTRL-A in the city screen to get rid of a building.

You can only remove the Slavery World View and its free building by using a Great Person or a Zoro Missionary. CTRL-A only gets rid of normal buildings, not wonders or free buildings.

If it is not being removed post a save with details in the bug thread. I wont be back until next week sometime so I have not been reading the bug threads - that way I can read them when at a time when I may be able to do something about the problkems rather than forgetting them.

Thanks Thunderbird and Dancing Hoskuld!

I updated to today's VPN build, agreed to the recalculation request for my save with stuck slavery, and the problem went away!

Stuck slavery can happen when you conquer or acquire another civ's capital with the slavery worldview, then accidentally deleting the city (such as with CTRL+A) before getting rid of the worldview. Even using world builder to cheat your own capital the slavery worldview and a great person to remove it, then going back into the game to remove it doesn't work.

Updating the version and doing a recalculation is a much better idea than the one I had about going into the xml and creating an entirely new free building who's only effect is to replace all the slavery buildings, and acquiring that building off a wonder I already had so the AI won't get it too (AI adores slavery). I think I over-engineered that particular workaround.

Top Bottom