Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, don't add new civs. This is a 170 by 170 map, after all. Mali are a bad idea because we want to encourage the AIs to colonize there. We definitely don't want to discourage it by putting a civ there. Aborigines are just silly. Something Southeast Asian would be reasonable, but I think we're just fine without it. So let's make more useful feedback. ;)

I think that the early religion-specific wonders should be a little cheaper. Sometimes they don't get built until the industrial age. Especially consider making the Mesoamerican wonders a little cheaper, and definitely the Pyramids. Often Egypt doesn't build them for the entire game.

Playing as Japan, decided to build a nice little colonial empire. I think the civlopedia should mention that the Kamikaze works like a cruise missile (dead on bombard) because I was def thinking it was overpowered before I remembered it died on impact.

Other than that, I am really excited for the animations!

Oh, an while I think byzantines should go, aboriginal peoples are not the answer. A SE Asian civ would be nice, since it was never colonized in the sense of building cities, just in the sense of conquering stuff.

one thing that I noticed in my game was that military alliances are much more common than usual, is this because of the larger amounts of gold that the AI gets?

Rhye said:
It was immobile. It can't be below 1 mp
You can make immobile units with a movement of zero and not have a game slow down. Lots of mods do it succesfully, try the small and fast Iran-Iraq war scenario for example. I don't mod so I don't know how its done but having immobile palace guards is definitely possible.

I've begun testing with the tuning I made with your feedback. I don't need any more info on civ balance.
Tomorrow or monday you'll have the patch 2.65 for RoC, required to play the beta.

Instead, I have a question: which wonders need the "The" before the name? For example "The Eiffel Tower"

Rhye said:
Instead, I have a question: which wonders need the "The" before the name? For example "The Eiffel Tower"
Terracotta Army
Sacred River
Temple of the Sun
Temple of Kukulcan
Epic of Gilgamesh
Papal States
Black Stone
Leaning Tower
Temple of Baal

Not "The Temple Mount", it's reffered to as just Temple Mount, no The. The rest sounds fine.

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am fairly new to Civ 3. Rhye, I get a unit error saying that I am missing files. I downloaded all 4 files and I get to the game screen where I can pick a civilization but after that when it tries to load I get the unit error. Help please?

Terracotta Army
Sacred River
Temple of the Sun
Temple of Kukulcan
Epic of Gilgamesh
Papal States
Black Stone
Leaning Tower
Temple of Baal
Eiffel Tower
Statue of Liberty
Slave Trade