Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the mod ready for upload but I need some where to host 16.5Megs??? This is if you want Australia added!

tacfun

OK some quick notes.
I just noticed something I should have noticed before..but the way the timescale etc is set up here, the game lasts very close to 3000AD on the 400 turn game. Thinking this a mistake, I looked into it in the editor, and it is in the scenario properties which says it is a 400 turn game, but then next to that they do not actually list off 400 turns, but even the ones they list off, would also run it to 2410AD, still 300 years into the future from now. This in itself, is not a problem, hell, I hope we are around that long....only problem is that all the advances (techs) listed in the game, in real life, have been discovered to some degree by 2004AD, so it seems there should be more techs, except then the game already that I played had Babylon, admittedly after being hammered for hundreds of years by me, but still just getting to flight age, by what should be the late 1900s..as far as I know, even the least advanced civs in the world were flying long before 2000.
Just curious if anyone has looked at this before..for myself I probably think it makes it as it stands kind of unrealistic, which is a shame because I like the mod. Perhaps the timeline/tech research could b e altered somewhat though, to allow for the future units that certainly would be in existence in 300 yrs from now
Sorry to seem nitpicking, just looking at the after action from my game and realized this.
Thanks, Ron

Errr... The game ends at 2050AD, just like standard civ3. =|

Ok...laxpimpj log onto MSN and I will upload you the mod file.

1. You need to make a copy of Rhye's Of Civilzation folder and rename it Rhye's Of Civilization(tacfun) just like the one Im uploading and then copy the folder Im uploading over the Rhye's Of Civilization(tacfun) and it will place the Australia civ files in it. Then use the (tacfun).biq file to play.

Enjoy and have fun!! This is instructions for who ever downloads it once laxpimpj posts a link to the mod file.

tacfun

Rhye, when you look at the Maya description on the page 2 of the info near the bottom there is a grammer error. (thier is spelled thie r). Just look there and you will see it.

tacfun

mine lasted till 2950AD. Thinking it was a mistake, I looked, and in scenario properties even, where it shows turns, timescale 40 turns x 50 yrs=2000 yrs 50 turns x 25 years = 1250 years , 87 turns x 20 yrs= 1740 yrs, 41 turns x 10 = 410 yrs, 45 turns x 8= 360 yrs, 33 turns x 4= 132 yrs, 54 turns x 2= 108 yrs... This adds up to 350 turns out of 400, so not sure how many yrs were in the last turns.. for 6000 yrs..so if the last turns are 1 each, that would be 2050, but then no idea how mine lasted an extra 900 yrs?
Thanks though, Now it would make sense if the last 50 were right, then I just gotta figure out what happened lol..Rhye, you put a time warp in?? ;)

tacfun said:
Rhye, when you look at the Maya description on the page 2 of the info near the bottom there is a grammer error. (thier is spelled thie r). Just look there and you will see it.

tacfun

Thier actually would be incorrect as well, turn to their. :)

Rhye... I have found a way to speed up wonder building earlier. Will see how it turns out in the long run.

tacfun

navman74 said:
Rhye, you put a time warp in?? ;)

:lol:
I remember doing the TIme Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the time warp again...
Let's do the time warp again!

seriously, the rest of the turns should go with 1 year each. I've no clue of what happened in your game

Rhye said:
:lol:
I remember doing the TIme Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the time warp again...
Let's do the time warp again!

seriously, the rest of the turns should go with 1 year each. I've no clue of what happened in your game

haha :) Well, now I am so intrigued I am going to play it through again...btw the Mongol empire crushed China in the 1200s AD just as in real, and also smashed through Europe at the same time, also just as in real. So from my vantage point, that was great. We kind of lost steam around the 1980s haha, but had Most of Russia, All of Italy(sorry Rhye ;) ) In fact all Europe except England..had trouble mounting an invasion over the water, I see why Napoleon, Hitler, etc failed. it WAS a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom