Indonesia discussion

The dependence on freshwater like Garden is pretty bad.

It's a balance issue.

The UB is directly tied to map and civ size for its benefit due the the number of potential religions.

At max, it can produce +26 Faith a turn (2 from each 12 religion and 2 base). The terrain requirement is simply a way to help balance out this max potential.

Assyria library = imba. Austria coffee house replace windmill but can be built on hills. Max religions in Huge map is 6-7? so its not really 12.... And please post a screenshot of a game where you have all 6-7 religions appear in one city at the same time?

I am notice that Jakarta is built near river, not coast..
So, is that mean Indonesia is more focused toward its UB rather than UA..?

Edit : Err.. The second Jakarta located in coastal but there is no river beside it.. :crazyeye:
So, is Indonesia didn't have any starting bias??

It's a balance issue.

The UB is directly tied to map and civ size for its benefit due the the number of potential religions.

At max, it can produce +26 Faith a turn (2 from each 12 religion and 2 base). The terrain requirement is simply a way to help balance out this max potential.

Might be fun with Interfaith Dialogue: Gain Science when a Missionary spreads this religion to cities of other religions.

The Candi does have a base 2 :c5faith: The new Spanish video shows the detailed starting tooltip.

Assyria library = imba. Austria coffee house replace windmill but can be built on hills. Max religions in Huge map is 6-7? so its not really 12.... And please post a screenshot of a game where you have all 6-7 religions appear in one city at the same time?

I was thinking of a mod, you're right it's 7, but that's still an insane amount of max potential single yield from one building (16 Faith). And I've had cities with 3-4 religions easily (8-10 Faith), and the expansion has a mechanic (trade routes) where you can deliberately choose which city to connect to and you will get religious pressure from those cities, so you can get a follower or two much easier.

And, I don't get your point comparing it to Assyira or Austria's UB. Neither can get that much potential single yield.

Wait I have to clear something up, because I've gone and confused my self: when the UA says the first three cities on other continents provide 2 unique luxuries, does that mean they get two of one luxury, or two unique/separate luxuries?

The Royal Library is a very strong building without any restrictions. Candi is not that strong with the freshwater restrictions. Besides, I could understand how the Aztec floating garden need to be next to a lake, but why Candi need to be near river and lake?

The aspect I don't like is about the river thing..

IMHO.., If they want to give a geographical restriction, at least give it something related to coastal tile (synergy with UA)..
Something like "City must be built next to four tiles of Coast or more."..

Alternatively, the simpler is giving a max limit similar to Religious Community belief and lowering the bonus from +2 per religion to +1..

Wait I have to clear something up, because I've gone and confused my self: when the UA says the first three cities on other continents provide 2 unique luxuries, does that mean they get two of one luxury, or two unique/separate luxuries?

Currently.., there is no info about it..

The Royal Library is a very strong building without any restrictions. Candi is not that strong with the freshwater restrictions. Besides, I could understand how the Aztec floating garden need to be next to a lake, but why Candi need to be near river and lake?

That is odd... Odd as saying the Mud Pyramid Mosque can only be built next to tundra tiles or something.

A Candi is just an Indonesian temple. There's no special reason why the structure has to have fresh water to function.

I looked through wikipedia and the candis in Indonesia are mostly around rivers but that doesn't mean the structure itself need water to be a temple.

explain plz!!!!

Basically just an exaggerated analogy - like how it does not make sense that Candis should be limited to rivers, it would not make sense to limit mud pyramid mosques to tundra.

Kris Swordsmen seem to have a promotion list unique to them! Yippi-a-yey!!!

Now Indonesia seems uconnected, but every single unique is pretty strong.

I sense a disconnect between UB and UA. The UA is easiest to be achieved when settling islands. But islands rarely have river let alone lake. So you can't built your UB in cites that proc UA.

Now there is something to be fixed there.

I think that having a UA, UU, and UB that don't synergies makes Idonesia interesting and flexible. Having synergy can be more powerful but limits the player to a certain play style or a certain map. For example the Huns are really only good for conquering not much else besides a small production boost if you have lots of pastures. Idonesia's UB and UA promote international trading but in different ways. If you are land locked early settle cities near rivers and lakes to make the UB and trade routes to get religions in the cities. If you can get cities to islands early then those cities will generate more gold for trade routes. Obviously if you can do both that would be ideal. I also don't see the downside if you can't settle early off your continent because eventually you will be able to with astronomy. Obviously early bonuses are better but you will still be able to settle those cities and take advantage of the UA.

Mm I bet they put that fresh water restriction just for balancing stuff. Come on, 25% GP generation and plus 2 and presumably another 4 or even 6 from another world religions in the big cities. If every cities are allowed to build the Candis and generate all those faiths that will be a bit overpowered. The only setback of Indonesia is their ua didnt't really go well with the Ub/Ua

It's odd. The Indonesian selection screen says "unique Luxury Resources". If it were a new resource, and it was one that only Indonesia gets, and Indonesia always gets it, then wouldn't the UA description name the resource?

I'm starting to think that Indonesia gets up to 6 copies of some regular luxury that isn't on the map for that particular game. It can't be 6 different luxuries, because on huge maps almost all the luxuries are in play.

It's odd. The Indonesian selection screen says "unique Luxury Resources". If it were a new resource, and it was one that only Indonesia gets, and Indonesia always gets it, then wouldn't the UA description name the resource?

I'm starting to think that Indonesia gets up to 6 copies of some regular luxury that isn't on the map for that particular game. It can't be 6 different luxuries, because on huge maps almost all the luxuries are in play.

I wouldn't call those unique. Also, there is maps where all resources could be on the map. I would imagine its probably 3 unique resources, each a different type of spice, and 2 of it at each city. This would give you 1, and 1 copy to trade of 3 unique resources.

Top Bottom