AI much less aggressive?

AgentTBC

Warlord
Am I imagining things or is the AI much less aggressive towards the player in BNW? I'm finishing up my 6th epic-speed game in BNW with 6 different civs on either Emperor or Immortal difficulty and I have not had a single AI civ declare war on me in any of those 6 games. I've engaged in a couple wars but only because I declared them myself. In some of the games I went the entire game without engaging in a single military action.

I don't remember a single pre-BNW game where I didn't have an AI civ at least threaten to declare war on me if I didn't pay them not to.

Am I imagining things or is the AI much less aggressive towards the player in BNW? I'm finishing up my 6th epic-speed game in BNW with 6 different civs on either Emperor or Immortal difficulty and I have not had a single AI civ declare war on me in any of those 6 games. I've engaged in a couple wars but only because I declared them myself. In some of the games I went the entire game without engaging in a single military action.

I don't remember a single pre-BNW game where I didn't have an AI civ at least threaten to declare war on me if I didn't pay them not to.

You didn't search for this beforehand did you?

It's okay though, I forgive you. Yes it is much less aggressive and that's all everyone has been talking about since its release.

Thanks for forgiving me.

I actually finally had someone declare war on me today! I don't know why. We were buddies and then all of a sudden BOOOOOM. I think it was just because I voted against his garbage World Council proposal.

On the other hand, he was fielding rifleman and cannon and I was fielding artillery and infantry, and all our troops were sitting on a shared border. Needless to say his surprise declaration of war did not end well for him.

The aggressive flavor setting now actually matters.

Top Bottom