Great Person Buildings

Landmark (culture) isn't bad, does the merchant get one? I hardly ever get great merchants. Agreed on the scientists and engineer. If you are going rationalism, the great scientist tile actually has the same output as a scientist, + the base tile instead of the 3 great scientist points.

Merchants gets custom houses, which gives +5 gold

Education is 440, and so would take 88 turns for an academy to equal to. However, it's worse than that, because that's only when you'd make up the science cost, what about 88 turns of being behind as it is? You'd have put that science into use building things and USING the tech you go.

Plus the missed production, food or gold from the tile.

When you calculate the long term value of a stored scientist you have to consider that it is maintained just like other units.

Only one I see as being more useful than the other ability is the artist's, because the culture bomb is extremely situational.

I'd like it the artist could be adjacent to one of your tiles instead of having to be within borders, personally.

He does not have to be within your borders, just adjacent to them and in a neutral, unclaimed hex.

Needing to be adjacent to your territories makes sense....that said, my point about the disappointing radius of the so called "bomb" still stands. :p

I never use culture bombs against other civilizations, but I'll use it against city states. If some other civ has land I want, I'll just grab the controlling city. But I can grab some good tiles from a CS while retaining the friendship bonus.

He does not have to be within your borders, just adjacent to them and in a neutral, unclaimed hex.

Ahhh, I must've had him in a claimed hex when I tried it before.

Incidentally, if you don't want to take the apparent diplo hit, culture bombing someone is a great way to instigate a war.

Top Bottom