1000 ways you know you played Alpha Centauri too much!

crystal said:
78 - You wonder why humans are population booming and yet no Cloning Vats have been built

Because Earth's atmosphere is breathable, and that you can pluck fruits from jungles.

109) You decide to use the same charm that you used to help speed up the 1000 ways you know you played... thread in the civ2 forum in order to try to do the same here.

110) You wish that in the cheat menu, you had the option of getting all techs at once--just like in civ2 MGE

111) You edit the rules for AC so that you have all the power while all the other factions are disadvantaged... (yes, I do that in all my strategy games :evil: )

112) You read the AC manual and look up the orbital statistics so you can copy them to your astronomy program (see my signature to find it.)

RE 113: guilty as charged, because civ2 is more fun :eek:

114: You wonder why you are banned just one day after saying that civ2 is more fun than SMAC.

115: You are too wussy to play at even the second lowest difficulty level.

116: You wonder where they got those pictures of the stunningly beautiful...:drumroll:...Deirdre of the Gaians!

117. You fall in love for the hippie girl who lives in your building and raises a bunch of plants in her apartment.

118. You sign an alliance with her.

119. You two declare war on your "common enemy", the owner of the chinese restaurant in your street.

120. You call the chinese restaurant's owner "inhuman monster".

121. He controls the minds of his waitresses.

122. After signing alliance with the hippie girl and declaring vendetta upon the chinese restaurant owner, you decide to install a laser cannon in your rover... er... I mean car.

123. You decide to attack the local church with your grage-made laser rover.

124. You really attack the church, capture the preacher's wife and lock her in your basement, and tie the poor woman in chains for interrogation.

125. You enter the science lab of your university and say: "I want to talk to to Zakharov now!"

126. You start to plant a lot of trees in your garden, so they will produce oxigen.

127. You go to your town's army barracks and ask to talk to Colonel Santiago.

128. The soldiers in there are also SMAC-freaks and a lady in uniform decides to "bë" Corazon Santiago.

129. You both sign a Pact of Friendship, and she joins you and the hippie girl in your war against the church lady and the chinese guy from the restaurant.

130. You move to Goias state so you can feel at home (The Goias is one of the 27 Brazil states. The sand in Goias is red, just like in Alpha Centauri).

131. You see a car with open windows and freaks out thinking the people in it will die without oxigen.

136 - you check at this thread every time someone lifts it out from the ashes

137-- That hippie chick in your building is really cool. I've been learning about The Supercollider from her for weeks now. I'll be developing the project any time now...

138-- And that restaurant? Their Sub Dum sucks, so I've been using one of the waitresses to hack into his accounts on his computer in the back room. She is soooo sweet... You wouldn't believe the pies that owner has his thumbs in! I'm looking at Bangkok accounts that make my mouth water...

140) You have seen your planet go from all land to no land 372 times in a single game.

141) You have planetbusted every square of a world, lincuding your own.

142) You have won on the highest diffculty, in constant war, while only building bases on water.

143) You have gone an entire game without seeing a single mindworm.

148. You don't really post at all; being too busy playing SMAC...

149. You already know that nothing good can come out of this thread... :(

150. ...but you keep posting...

155. You're sure Laura Bush is really Miriam Godwinsson.

156. You judge scientific theories after how close they resemble their descriptions in SMAC.

157. You call your lawn mower a terraformer.

158. You refer to crickets (grashoppers) as "Locusts of Tellus"

159. You wonder if the Longvity Vaccine will be done in your lifetime.

160. You only pop into civfanatics to check out this subforum... (guilty...)

EDIT:
161. If you at this exact moment is thinking about playing SMAC.

Vander said:
55.) You write an essay for school based off of datalink quotes.

I`ve actually done that, for an ethics essay.

I also incorporated 2 secret project video clips into an oral class presentation/discussion (Asthetic Virtues and The Planetary Datalink).

Cuivienen said:
152. You wonder what will happen to this thread when it finally hits 1,000.
162. You think at this rate it will correspond with the launching of the Unity.

Top Bottom