Since Resources fix Unhappiness, anyone simply Modded in more Resources to map?

Advanced start.

I choose legendary all the time; it gives a massive amount of one luxury type to all major players which you can then trade for. (In addition it really helps a lot of pantheons)

And how is it for balance? How does it affect the gameplay? Is it an effective cure for the "4 City" woes? Does it also unfavorably skew other aspects of the game?

And how is it for balance? How does it affect the gameplay? Is it an effective cure for the "4 City" woes? Does it also unfavorably skew other aspects of the game?

1. Every single AI has its own massive quanity of one luxury type near them and a single copy a second luxury next to the capital just like you.
Same RNG of some luxury types are better than others.

2. I don't know what you mean; 4 self founded cities and conquer AIs later is the best tactic out there.

3. Actually it makes many pantheons more worth while.
(Massive number of Silver or Gold -> Religious Idols;
Massive number of Salt or Copper -> Earth Mother
Massive number of Gems or Pearls -> Tears of the God
Massive number of Citrus -> Sun God
Massive number of Wine or Incense -> Goddess of Festival
Massive number of Marble -> The one with 2 faith for quarries
Massive number of Whales -> God of the Sea

Well, what I mean is: while I am not going to debate what the best tactic is for CiV, I will say that there are those of us who don't want to be limited to only being able to found 4 cities on our own, and then conquer the rest from others. I personally am looking for a way to take away this 4 self-founded city ceiling. To do so would suit my playing style, that's all.

Well, what I mean is: while I am not going to debate what the best tactic is for CiV, I will say that there are those of us who don't want to be limited to only being able to found 4 cities on our own, and then conquer the rest from others. I personally am looking for a way to take away this 4 self-founded city ceiling. To do so would suit my playing style, that's all.

Legendary's extra happiness doesn't really start coming into play until about the time most players would stop founding new cities any way. And in a few cases it's really slow to kick in. (AI slow to connect their resources and/or they traded away the spare they just connected on their turn / an AI between them and you; in early game the additional extra copies help more with gold than happiness.)

I just prefer low sea level, more land also means more luxuries. I can often get away with building 5-6 decent cities. Though I wish they would add just a little more happiness to Liberty, wouldn't make the mid game so painful in regard to happiness for me.

I just prefer low sea level, more land also means more luxuries. I can often get away with building 5-6 decent cities. Though I wish they would add just a little more happiness to Liberty, wouldn't make the mid game so painful in regard to happiness for me.

Notre Dame or Pagodas should fix your mid game happiness issues. Getting either or even both should be quite do-able up until immortal difficulty.

• Luxuries, especially unique random ones sprinkled throughout the map.

• Social Policies

• Religion

• Trade with Civs

• Ally with City-States (or at least become friends with Mercantile ones)

• Wonders

• Happiness Buildings -- also lookout for Horses, Ivory, or Stone for Circuses and Stone Works (all local happiness, but it will better protect your global total when your cities grow so you can expand)

• Find Natural Wonders

• Perhaps, play on larger maps like Large or Huge, which have lesser happiness penalties for your number of cities.

I just prefer low sea level, more land also means more luxuries.

Unlike strategic and bonus types, target luxury totals on a given map size or not affected by the percentage of land. If anything, there's a chance you're only spreading them out more and diluting their presence on the map.

Top Bottom