The Deity Challenge Line-up #38 - Alexander the Great

One tip I learned from peddroelm which saves a lot of GPT is selling the buildings you don't need anymore when target tech is reached. In my Cold Cramped Challenge game I sold all science buildings and growth buildings once I hit Combustion.
I saw that too. He was selling buildings that were in puppet cities.

I saw that too. He was selling buildings that were in puppet cities.

You can't sell buildings in puppets. You have to annex them first. But I like to do it in all the cities that I can. Science falls in half, but gold practically doubles.

I'm halfway through the game going for autocracy domination.

205 core empire
Spoiler :

205 edge of empire
Spoiler :

254 - 5 tech lead will oxford Land ships in 5 turns.
Spoiler :

Well, it was definitely one of the last attempts at warmongering, it's just incredible how bad I am at that. Resigned at T148 after being attacked from 3 sides, the HCA wasn't doing all that well because I got boxed in quite quickly and had to stop at only 2 cities (cramped maps like that are definitely the worst). I honestly don't know why do I keep trying <_<

I didnt do HCA. I opened Tradition>full Liberty>Full Patronage>Autorcacy. Paid off bad guys to go fight other bad guys. Started my own attack at t200.

Similar was going on, everyone was fighting everyone but nobody seemed to be at a loss, units just keep coming. I suppose it would have made Honor useful but since I only had 2 cities and they were pretty crap, I lagged a lot

Well, it was definitely one of the last attempts at warmongering, it's just incredible how bad I am at that. Resigned at T148 after being attacked from 3 sides, the HCA wasn't doing all that well because I got boxed in quite quickly and had to stop at only 2 cities (cramped maps like that are definitely the worst). I honestly don't know why do I keep trying <_<

Perhaps try a 1-city Tradition start as I did, getting horse UUs and Comp bows before going to Philosophy/NC, and letting my neighbours build my 2nd/3rd/etc. cities for me.

292 Domination including a daring para drop deep inside enemy territory to capture the final city.

Rush bought 4 bombers.
Spoiler :

Round 1
Spoiler :

Round 2
Spoiler :

Victory!
Spoiler :

You can't sell buildings in puppets. You have to annex them first. But I like to do it in all the cities that I can. Science falls in half, but gold practically doubles.

I kind of had a feeling that this was the case. Thanks for clarifying that up.

292 Domination including a daring para drop deep inside enemy territory to capture the final city.

Rush bought 4 bombers.
Spoiler :

Round 1
Spoiler :

Round 2
Spoiler :

Victory!
Spoiler :

Thats a good win by going straight into the capital and not needing to conquer the cities that are in the way.

T210 Diplo Victory

Spoiler :

4 city Tradition, Rationalism game. Got NC with 4 cities on T89. Education on T102.

Met 2 Religious CS early, but could not get a free pantheon. Took culture from pastures pantheon because of no good faith pantheons. Was able to found religion because of 2 Religious CS allies.

Greece UA was pretty good. Once you become ally with a CS, you can stay ally for a very long time. Had 5 CS allies by T73.

Congress got formed on T105 by Poland. So was planning to reach Info era by 3rd congress session. Worlds's fair, Science funding and Order Ideology got passed. (Picked Order ideology to speed up my tech to Info Era)

I could put only one point into patronage before renaissance. Took scholacticism on T159 after two points in rationalism. Got 80 BPT increase with 11 CS allies.

Reached info era on T197. Did not get any wonders throughout the game. In the end, used 2 GE (one from Order Tenet, one from faith purchase) on Kremlin, Eiffel Tower. At this point both were of little consequence.

DOWed by Poland and Rome in the end. Poland started attacking by CS allies. Had to send my army to defend the CS. Was able to defend two of them, but could not defend M'Banza-Kongo. Inspite of that, I was able to get the required votes.

Attachments

• Greece_T210_DV.jpg
    Greece_T210_DV.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 235
Nice fast victory! :)

Thank you stormtrooper. And that is a quick spreadsheet update :)

Early CS allies can snowball the game and Greece UA was really good once you got those early allies.

Hey! I'm pretty sure I have 5 wins now. Put me on the sheet!

13 19 32 38 39

Top Bottom