Announcing Civilization Network!

Welcome to CFC, Sid Meier!

I hope you don't mind the fanfare, you're something of a celebrity in these parts.

Interesting, but I've had nothing but bad experiences with other 'social networking "games"' and browser based games that claim to be "nation simulators" (most importantly either it forces you to spam your friends with invites for bonuses and/or certain groups of players dominate the game and everyone else's experience suffers badly as a result). It'll be neat to see if a company of people who actually know how to make real games can pull it off, I hope you do!

Also, Civ2 still rules.

EDIT:
I think Civ4 is the last PC Civ.

I'd hate life if that were true. I think the Civ series probably just needs a bit of time so they don't just rehash the same things again.

It's an impostor! I don't believe that's the real Sid Meier!

Also Civ 2 was the best in my opinion. Making custom scenarios was a piece of cake. :D

It's Sid, how nifty! :) As for the CivNet game i'll take a wait and see approach for now. I haven't got into any social groups/networks games before, but who knows, maybe this one will win me over.

Also, please do a CivRev 2. Sorry, but i had to mention it.

Beta test? I'm absolutelly in!!! I've been trying to become a localizer unsuccessfully, maybe this is the chance I've been looking for. Of course this is not the localization industry, but this is better than anything, and, why not be optimistic? Maybe after being a betatester Firaxis wants me to help to localize the game into Spanish.

PS: I just realized that he's... well... how do I tell you that... he... is... THE LEADER OF THE BARBARIANS!!! WE'RE DOOMED!! :run: :run: :run: :run:

Thanks for your involvement in the industry Sid, we all appreciate the games and genres you started. But it's now time to retire and let some new blood in to take the lead in the future Civilization projects. The stroke in the creative center of your brain is getting worse by each year.

Welcome to CF Mr Meier! (May I call you Sid?) :wavey:

I'd be interested in giving this a go, if I can convince FB to stop deleting my account due to that fact my name is odd. :p

Also, they'd better be more PC civ games.. or I will call a crusade! :deadhorse:

I can't believe his name wasn't taken already.

Must be like God or Allah, too revered to even be an impostor.

The Beta slots should be handed out based on post count.

Highest first.

:smug:

I now have an excuse for having a facebook.

There are still some of us fans that would prefer a PC Based Civ V. I hate to sound childish, I don't like to moan but not all governments invest in the same level of affordable broadband technology especially out in regional Australia... Therefore, an Internet game may not suit a lot of fans in places such as Australia...

Top Bottom