East India Trading Company

oPunchDrunko

Prince
If I understand correctly, this national wonder gives 4 gold to the receiving civ, while I get only 2 gold. Why would I want to build this?

BC your city becomes a hotspot for trade. It also gets powerful with the MERCHANT NAVY SP (though nothing to spectacular).

But wouldn't that give the receiving civ a fair amount of GPT? I don't want that to happen because I don't want them getting too powerful.

You're mis-reading it. +4 gold to the owner of the city with East India Company in it. And +2 to the trade route owner.

This is what I was thinking. ^^
I also thought maybe east india really is +2 gold for a minute.

Here's a question. If I build EITC in my capital, and then send FOOD or PRODUCTION boats from another one of my cities to the capital, do I get any bonuses from EITC? OR is it only for international trade?

You're mis-reading it. +4 gold to the owner of the city with East India Company in it. And +2 to the trade route owner.

Ok... so does that mean if I built EITC in my capital, and starting trading with another civ I would get +6 gold?

Ok... so does that mean if I built EITC in my capital, and starting trading with another civ I would get +6 gold?

No, it's for incoming trade routes from other players. They initiate a trade with your capital and you get +4 and they get +2.

Here's a question. If I build EITC in my capital, and then send FOOD or PRODUCTION boats from another one of my cities to the capital, do I get any bonuses from EITC? OR is it only for international trade?

It only works for trade routes other civs make to your city. But what the +2 gold to their side of the trade route does is make trade routes to your city more attractive than trade routes to other cities, so you will get more of them. And 4 extra gold from each of them. And of course the EIC has 4 base gold as well. Of course, in a lot of scenarios it doesn't really kick in until the other civs have Compass or Navigation so that they can actually reach your city with a trade route.

EITC tends to work great because unlike some humans, the AI doesn't care that it causes the recipient to get more gold; all they care about is the gold they get. (Possibly exceptions of them avoiding routing to people they are planning on DOWing and/or dislike)

Top Bottom