SGOTM 15 - Xteam

Hi X-Team,

I wish to apologise, as I do believe that I made this game too difficult. The scenario was not very forgiving. It was certainly not my intention to make it so that several teams lost.

I sincerely hope it does not put you off SGOTM's.

If you wish to retire you can simply post your last save to the server and be done.

Apology not needed. It was indeed a very severe challenge, but my attitude at the moment is more that I want to have another go at it rather than feeling annoyed at SGOTM's! Since I have the starting save still, and I have the advantage of seeing most of it played to offset the disadvantage of it being a game a little out of my personal league, I might indeed have another go privately when I get a chance!

If Undecided could upload our last save, I think Alan might see clear to allow us to start reading other threads once I ask him to retire us from this game. :)

Done.

@neilmeister
like all other members said, no need to apologise. Was a very challenging experience, a very well thought out map and idea. Hope you continue to do these.

No apology needed. This was a very interesting scenario. Winning or losing does not make the SGOTM fun, its the challenge and the discussion. We had plenty of both, great learning experience. :goodjob:

+1.:)

The difficulty of this game is probably immortal+ if you completely ignore the diplomacy. With a little attention on making 1 or 2 friends, this game could be much easier.

I'm sorry to see a good team failed on this special map. As most of you said, we all learned something from this game, especially how to handle the toughest diplomatic environment and more on AP cheese.

Sorry to see this one got the better of you. No one said SGOTMs always have to be winnable, of course, but this one looks particularly challenging.

Please feel free to wander through the rest of the team threads. As usual, please don't post in the unfinished ones.

Sad to see a top team not complete this game. The English were a time bomb waiting to happen on a conquest game. Although I thought your gifting the city to Toku was a master stroke to stop the Liz stack.

Htadus had the right idea above. 1-2 friendly neighbours. At +5-6 diplomacy they would probably of been bribed into war.

Sadly I do not see my time being freedup.

Big loss if you are unable to continue. With all due respect to the team (including myself) I think you are one of the most creative thinkers I've ever teamed with. Outstanding out of the box ideas...

Tough game :eek:

Good to see that you have conserved your sense of humor :)

I have been reading a bit in the threads lately. Looks like your downfall is due to lack of attention to diplomacy. Perhaps in combination with not using espionage very much. The most successful teams Kakumeika and the Ducks managed to get several AI pleased or friendly and they also stole a lot of techs. I think Kakumeika stole CS from Liz for 200-300 spy points. OSS basically played like you did disregarding diplomacy and spying but they obviously had better micro and GP planning and they are probably winning a domination victory (could also be religious using mass liberation of cities) for a likely 3rd place.

About ninth class in this game, I'm afraid, but thanks for the compliment.

I don't know... what's a digital laurel worth anyhow? Did you have fun? Did you get challenged to do some creative thinking? Did you have fun? Maybe you guys topped the class in those respects, and really, that's what really matter imo. Good effort, and when's the next one start? :D

This was a tough game. I'm glad to see that you guys stuck with it as long as you did... very classy. :goodjob:

Had OSS gotten to Liz a handful of turns later than we did, it's very possible that she would have steam-rolled us. As it was, it was very tricky dealing with her stacks of Redcoats when all we had were xbows, LBs pikes, axes, swords, trebs and cats. It sounds like you were in the same boat. Our saving grace is that we managed to bulb/research Gunpowder, Chemisty and Military Science in the matter of a few turns and with Grens we were able to turn the tide.

Top Bottom