Forget more UUs, Traits, or UBs... What about this?

hoopsnerd

Prince
Who doesn't love the civ-specific "abilities" in Ryse and Fall of Civilization? Those are a fantastic idea, and could easilly be added to the game. Obviously they would have to make them slightly less powerful... can't be losing THAT much health while spending a turn in Russian territory... but an idea...

Yea, the civ specific powers are really good. SHame they don't add something similar into vanilla civ.

Course they'd have to be REALLY toned down, but little features like being able to plant trees (as the English did after the spanish armada), would be pretty cool...

I dunno, i've always been more in favor of emergent properties. Civ-specific abilites might not make sense, but who knows.

In a similar vein, I also like the idea of a civ being especially good at using certain terrain or worker improvements.

For example, maybe Egypt could get +1 :commerce: on Flood Plains. The Dutch could get +1 :commerce: from Windmills. Rome could get a +1 movement bonus from roads, etc.

In a similar vein, I also like the idea of a civ being especially good at using certain terrain or worker improvements.

For example, maybe Egypt could get +1 :commerce: on Flood Plains. The Dutch could get +1 :commerce: from Windmills. Rome could get a +1 movement bonus from roads, etc.

Yeah, little bonuses like that would be pretty cool, and not unbalanced.

America would get a commerce bonus on plantations when using the Slavery Civic :goodjob:

Also, the concept could be extended to leaders. Leaders could get a slight bonus when actually using their favorite civic.

For example, Washington could get a 125% culture bonus when using Free Speech. Augustus could have an additional city or two (depending on map size) affected by the happiness bonus when running Representation. Elizabeth would get a +15% research bonus instead of +10% when using Free Religion.

Top Bottom