THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

Ha TMiT, I notice you think Burger King deserves no description.

Dalamb,
Just choose a leader that hasn't been done on NC yet and whatever map type suits your fancy (on the size parameter, standard is best).

You can host XXXI and I'll start thinking of what I want for XXXII.

cas

May I host XXXIII? Might be fun, though that is far future I suppose.

@CHEESE!: I think nobody would mind your going next after cas, but I'd personally prefer you wait a couple of weeks for a few people to finish XXXII first. Not that you should wait for me to finish, given how slow I am, but maybe until a few of the more regular players get to it.

@cas: I think would have been nice to post a link to Louis XIV in this thread; I don't necessarily look at the Strategy and Tips forum every day, whereas I'm subscribed to this bullpen thread and would see a notice right away.

NC XXXII Louis XIV is up and running. Rocky start with the wb, but should be fixed now except the warrior starting in diff locations. :lol:

@ CHEESE, I'm fine with you hosting the next.

I was not sure how long to wait...think I waited 6-7 days. I had time last night to post and stick around for the wb errors which I figured were a possibility.

cas

I've decided on the leader. I will host it in 3 days? Or is that too soon?

Edit: I'm mapping it now, can I use any map?

@cas: Copy the URL into the clipboard, select the text you want to have underlined via the link, then click the blue-globe-with-link icon just below the smiley face at the top of the Reply box.

@CHEESE!: I personally find one of these per week to be too soon, but most people play faster than me. You might want to check the start and end dates of the Boudica game to see over what time period people posted.

I think once every week-10 days is about right. I do play smaller empire size than most, but I also play slow. Funny thing there were no NC games for 6 weeks and now we are worried about hosting them too fast. :lol:

As long as we don't have another 6 week drought like we did between XXX and XXXI I'll be happy.

cas

ps...thanks for the tip on the text/url thing. I was using that button but didn't put the text in the proper spot. I played around with it a few times and was able to figure it out.

I just stumbled upon this Noble's Club as I was perusing through strategies on this forum. I'm interested in trying these out as I'm around the Noble level myself. What version of BTS are you playing on currently. I think yall were playing on 3.13 originally, but I'm hoping you are on 3.19 now. Couple of other questions:

1) what mod do most of you use - I'm using BUFFY the most for standard gameplay since I'm getting into the GOTM
2) I'd like to go back and play some of the older files. How far back can I go considering I have 3.19 installed?

thanks

note: they should stick these threads or create a sub-forum under Strategies

@lymond

I think since the Nobles Club saves are posted as worldbuilder files, it doesn't matter if you are running 3.19 and play games created on previous versions. You can test this by trying to go back all the way to the beginning few games.

As for MODs, I use BUFFY. Most people used BUG before BUFFY came out, and I'm sure there are a few others.

But again, it doesn't matter what MOD you use because these are worldbuilder files, so put them in your saves/worldbuilder folder and 'play custom scenario' after you've loaded the MOD you want.

If you are asking about the MOD thing because you want to post your game and ask for advice, then I'd say no mod or BUFFY. But a good group of pictures will usually suffice for people trying to give you advice.

cas

I use BUFFY as well. I don't understand why no-one else seems to.

Guys, I might actually need to post the game today as I will be alone and civless for another 10 days. Is that OK, or should someone take over from me?

Top Bottom