[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Sure, I can whip up another trait list. I'll try not to change too many of them. Making that last list hurt my brain.:cringe:

crap, I missed my 100th post!!
Well congrats on the 100th post. I guess, dont' really care about post count myself though ;)

As far as changing the traits, please feel free, in fact I encourage you to do so. I know it might rack your brain a bit, but hey at the end having a superior trait list would be worth it :crazyeye:

Also just remembered, I'll need a native knight as well, since the brave is going to be a UU. I think just skinning the current Native Horseman with armor will work. Or alternatively (and perhaps a more superior route) would be to reskin the brave with armor.

Anyway, thanks for all the help on this project. Going to include your name as an author with the next official release. :goodjob:

I dont think he was refering to that, but rather that there is no point in having so many different start options in the mod.
Phungus420 said:
This is correct.
Well, it's your choice whether you include something or not, but I think it's silly not to include something only because it will make this list longer. It's not as if someone will see a long list of options and say "oh no, too many options, there's no way I can play this mod." More options can only prolong the life of the mod.

Of course I respect your choice of the contents of your own mod, but rejecting new content on the grounds that it will clutter the options screen seems artificial.

Don't know. I need to split the Native Americans, and do a bunch of art stuff, also I'd like to sit down and run an AI autoplay game now that I know how to make a debug dll. All that could take some time. Anyway the purpose of the test build is so that if you want to play the latest version you can, just be aware it hasn't be thouroughly tested yet, so there may be some unforseen issue.

I've been playing 0.8.2 all day yesterday and really enjoying it, this is a really good mod and thanks for making it. However it does seem to crash quite often. It usually happens when a wonder movie starts playing and a windows box pops up complaining about video memory allocation (or something similar). After reloading the game the crash wont occur again in the same place but after prolonged play it will always crash again.

Having scanned through these forums it seems this is a common problem with civ 4. However for me this only happens when playing this mod. In normal BTS games i usually play standard maps with 7 civs and i play the same size in your mod so i wonder if maybe the revolution part creating so many extra civs is overloading my machine? I have vista, 4gig of ram and a 512mb 8800gt if that makes any difference. Anyway keep up the good work this mod is excellent.

Really? I've never had a crash.... I mean ever on a standard map since I dropped the extremely high poly models from the Wolfshanze mod, and my system is like a little girl compared to yours.

Vista around wonder movies, that's good to know. I've just compiled a debug dll and I'll see if it throws any exceptions around there. I just found a call left over from the Wolfshanze mod that called a non existant string for some city art. While not a problem for XP users, this could have been a problem for Vista. I'll see if there is anything like this with wonder movies.

It's just really weird though, what you describe:
It usually happens when a wonder movie starts playing and a windows box pops up complaining about video memory allocation (or something similar)
See this says your video card is getting overloaded (Which I can't do anything about).... But I don't see how that is possible with these specs:
4gig of ram and a 512mb 8800gt

There is no way I should be able to run a game with the same setting fine on my 2.8GHz, 2GB computer from 2003, and yet your system that is about 4 times as powerfull (if not more) gets overloaded :dunno:

All I can say is Definatly try updating your video card drivers, that may be the problem. I just dont' understand how an 8800gt is getting overloaded on a standard sized map.

There is no way I should be able to run a game with the same setting fine on my 2.8GHz, 2GB computer from 2003, and yet your system that is about 4 times as powerfull (if not more) gets overloaded :dunno:

All I can say is Definatly try updating your video card drivers, that may be the problem. I just dont' understand how an 8800gt is getting overloaded on a standard sized map.

Yeah its gota be something like the drivers. I've been running LoR and even the old wolfrev (with all the high polys) on 1gig RAM, and 1.8GHz and usually play large maps. Never once in a wonder movie did I crash, just crazy bad lagging. I used to get a lot of MAF's late game. Now with LoR, MAFs are considerably less. CTDs have always been rare for me. My computer usually just locks up.

Phungus: will have the new trait list up later today. Since you are splitting up Native civs today here is art for pretty much every pre-industrial Iroquois. Only missing the elephant, chariot, recon, but still will probably be one of the most complete civs.

View attachment NA_units.zip

All by same author, just scattered around DB, and all are under 2000.

And just to be a giant pain in the ass, included are a sioux rifleman that I found and a sioux cavalry that I just slapped together. They were the only LoR native units that werent using sioux graphics but rather the were Iroquois.

Will you still need a default native knight (i can still whip one up), or will the Iroquois knight do?

@Phungus :

i played the LoR Beta 0.82, two things :

1) Why, by hell, you suppressed the happiness factor from Revolution Mod ?
By the past, Revolutions impeached AI Civs, to become too big...

Because by playing an huge earth with normal europe -this map is shipped with your mod- In americas, only two giant civs existed while in old world, it was an elevated number of civs

But here my suggest : you can have a minored effect of happiness / unhappiness, and for non-state religion cities a bigger effect, you can have courthouses add +2 happiness, like universities +1 happiness, you can also alternatively modify monarchy civic (instead of 1 happiness by stationed unit in cities, you can have +1 happiness by regular building in cities to illustrate the fact that more cities are ameliorated, more happiness in)...

If you have other idea, you can also :goodjob:

2) Spain in a problem for the civ placed in middle of spain.
Should must have a tile for permitting ships to be built...

Thats all !

Good luck as i appreciate your work like many people...

;)

Really great mod. I was playing a custom game with the japanese, huge map, 20 civs. I have Windows Vista, 64 bit, which I recently reinstalled (I have a dual boot computer, with Kubuntu). I have 4GB RAM and 512MB for graphics.

The problem is that when I end a turn, the game seems to continue normally, like, for example, a city which was about to finish building a factory actually builds it, with the normal increase in pollution, etc. But... the "Waiting for other Civilizations" message goes on and on, with the little spinning globe cursor as well.

I've had this issue with other mods as well. It's weird because even as I am still "waiting for other civilizations", I can open up the main menu (by pressing the button on the top right corner), load another game, open advisor screens, click on the mini map and actually go to the location... but it's still "waiting for other civilizations". I can't, however, select any units or cities.

Any clues?

I loved this mod so much I'm downloading 0.91. Keep it up.

Really great mod. I was playing a custom game with the japanese, huge map, 20 civs. I have Windows Vista, 64 bit, which I recently reinstalled (I have a dual boot computer, with Kubuntu). I have 4GB RAM and 512MB for graphics.

The problem is that when I end a turn, the game seems to continue normally, like, for example, a city which was about to finish building a factory actually builds it, with the normal increase in pollution, etc. But... the "Waiting for other Civilizations" message goes on and on, with the little spinning globe cursor as well.

I've had this issue with other mods as well. It's weird because even as I am still "waiting for other civilizations", I can open up the main menu (by pressing the button on the top right corner), load another game, open advisor screens, click on the mini map and actually go to the location... but it's still "waiting for other civilizations". I can't, however, select any units or cities.

Any clues?

I loved this mod so much I'm downloading 0.91. Keep it up.

It's not your rig per se. I think it's Vista. Civ4 just doesn't seem to react well, regardless of mod, to 64-bit builds. I have NO idea how Linux into the equation mixes, thereotically if you're dual boot it shouldn't?? I don't know why... it just doesn't like 64-bit O/S's. In fact, it's the main reason I haven't upgraded to Vista yet... I just love playing this game too much :)

It's not your rig per se. I think it's Vista. Civ4 just doesn't seem to react well, regardless of mod, to 64-bit builds. I have NO idea how Linux into the equation mixes, thereotically if you're dual boot it shouldn't?? I don't know why... it just doesn't like 64-bit O/S's. In fact, it's the main reason I haven't upgraded to Vista yet... I just love playing this game too much :)

I run vista 64 and have no problems at all ever since the BUG mod interface issue was fixed. The dual boot is completely irrelevant, since once you boot into windows, it's just another partition on your drive; windows doesn't know or care what it is.

I run vista 64 and have no problems at all ever since the BUG mod interface issue was fixed. The dual boot is completely irrelevant, since once you boot into windows, it's just another partition on your drive; windows doesn't know or care what it is.

As soon as I finish downloading 0.9 I'll just start a new game and see if I get that thing again. I forgot to say that I only mentioned Kubuntu for propaganda reasons. I'm a programmer and I work only on Linux ;)

Well, at least I know the problem is elsewhere, and that it has nothing to do with 64 Vista.

Hi Phungus,

I'm playing as Huayana with LoR 0.8.2... I noticed something interesting... special forces indeed can sneak around the back-areas of AI world and wreak havoc... thing is, if they actually take a city, right now they will enter the city, but ownership doesn't transfer to me... It seems like the city should at least flip to me, even if they can't see who took it.

Thoughts?
\m

This is a critical bug that used to happen with old versions of Revolutions. I haven't seen it since v 0.96 though, which was a year ago.

Plaese upload your save (and also please tell me it's not a huge map), if it's a decent sized map I can run it by the debug gamecore.dll I just made and it should isolate the cause.

Hi Phungus,

I'm playing as Huayana with LoR 0.8.2... I noticed something interesting... special forces indeed can sneak around the back-areas of AI world and wreak havoc... thing is, if they actually take a city, right now they will enter the city, but ownership doesn't transfer to me... It seems like the city should at least flip to me, even if they can't see who took it.
SF can't capture cities, it says that right in the civilopedia.

@Lachlan
I don't understand what you're saying. I think it's great you're trying to use a language you're not profficient with, it's always good to practice a second (or third, or fourth) language. But honestly dude, I can't understand you. Try to organize your post into seperate thoughts and then then work on formating them in an order that makes it coherent.

Well agreed about Dual Boot. I don't use Linux myself, but I think I said as much in my last post that it shouldn't make any difference and shouldn't matter one way or another.

I've seen plenty of guys here who've historically had problems with Civ4 and Vista 64, regardless of mod used (if any). I'm talking less about it having to do with a particular mod (or component) be it BUG or anything else, and having to do with the actual core game.

On the other hand, Civ will never use more than a certain amount of memory as it's a 32-bit app anyway. *Shrug*

SF can't capture cities, it says that right in the civilopedia.

ah ok... then why not make SF behave like air cav, which also can't capture cities? If an air cav kills the last occupant, it will wait outside the city instead of entering it.

ah ok... then why not make SF behave like air cav, which also can't capture cities? If an air cav kills the last occupant, it will wait outside the city instead of entering it.

I suspect this is caused by the fact SF is stealth, or rather, covert. I wager if you WB in an enemy SF, UCAV or spy that can see the city, the SF wol't enter it. Anyway I certainly haven't changed the SDK in that regard to cause this behavior. Likewise I'm not going to bother going in and programming a new function in CvUnit just so invisible units can't enter cities when they can't capture... I really don't see the point.

@Lachlan
I don't understand what you're saying. I think it's great you're trying to use a language you're not profficient with, it's always good to practice a second (or third, or fourth) language. But honestly dude, I can't understand you. Try to organize your post into seperate thoughts and then then work on formating them in an order that makes it coherent.

I'm sorry, i admit that i have difficulties to pratice english...

Do you understand French ? If not, i can explain again that i wanted to say...

I wanted simply to say that it was not fun to avoid happiness issues in Revolutions module because before AI civs were not too big because lot of revolutions occured...

I cant see how a revolution could occur if you suppress happiness factor ;)

After, i suggested that you keep minored happiness factor, and greatly increase the fact that a city is not behind your state religion...

For the civic called Hereditary Rule, i suggested that you replace standard happiness by military unit, you could have +1 happiness for 1 building in the city, if you have 7 buildings you have 7 bonii happiness...

I managed to be more understandable, was it a success ?

:confused:

Yeah.

Well, first off the only change I've made to the Rev happiness code is give a +1:mad: grace before it starts kicking in. Ie, with 1:mad: there is no Rev penalty, but at 2:mad: it's treated the same as default RevolutionDCM treats 1:mad:, etc. This was done for the AI mainly, because the AI intentionally allows 1:mad: when in slavery to allow for whipping. So this wol't change.

As for your other suggestions, no I think Hereditary rule is balanced well in the civics, and I'm not going to change that. For state religions, I may very well tweak this, but that'll be after RevDCM updates to display the revolution effects, so that I can actually tell what I'm tweaking without writing complex display code. According to Jdog the Scoreboard and getting the RevIdxs and their causes to show for the player is a top priority. So any further tweaks I make to the Revolutions code will follow that. Keep in mind I have already rewritten the City Distance and Taxes code here.

Ok, i'm glad to have succeded to...

But, i would like to know when the revolutions occur now : in late game mainly ? So i have to be patient ? :)

Top Bottom