1.0.1.383 Can't upgrade in allied CS territory

Optional

Deity
I don't know if this was possible before this patch, someone I'm in an SG with says he remembers having done it earlier, but now in two different games we were unable to do this.
The message coming up was 'Must be in friendly territory to upgrade'. An allied CS territory is of course friendly territory, with healing it works, so upgrading units should work as well.

I confirm that it was possible to upgrade on an ally's territory and it does not work any more with the newest release (.383 )

I confirm that it was possible to upgrade on an ally's territory : true (prior to .275)

and it does not work any more with the newest release (.383 ) : true

true and true = true (I never wrote "it does not work AS OF .383")

so, what is false ?

Seems to me the upgrading only in home territory is more logical. Is one going to fly a unit load of your newest, best equipment to a country who could cease to be your ally at any second and without warning to equip and train a new fighting force OR bring them home for some R&R and an upgrade?

I don't know if this was possible before this patch, someone I'm in an SG with says he remembers having done it earlier, but now in two different games we were unable to do this.
The message coming up was 'Must be in friendly territory to upgrade'. An allied CS territory is of course friendly territory, with healing it works, so upgrading units should work as well.
The problem is that the messaging is confusing/wrong. The term "friendly territory" is ambiguous at best. I have reported this for .275 but it hasn't been addressed yet.

If the tooltip said "Must be in your own territory to update" then it would be perfectly understandable for everybody.

Top Bottom