BNW Spies MIA on MAC?

renkenbd

Chieftain
I just completed my first game of BNW and noticed that I never got spies! I noticed very late (Industrial Age - I was distracted by all the other new stuff) that I never received the "you've got a spy" message. There was not even a button for it in the interface. I thought maybe is was moved to the Additional Information list, but no.

I don't recall hearing anything about this. I did notice also that iron is still revealed with Iron Working (not Bronze Working, like it is supposed to be). Also, my Mac cannot open a BNW save game file from my PC (though my PC can open a MAC BNW save game file).

The Mac Game has the same features as PC as far as gameplay. I have played two games so far and in both received Spies at the normal times and intervals. The Iron bug is known (and has been discussed in the Mac subforum).

I cannot come up with an explanation. Are you seeing other BNW features (caravans, world congress, new social trees, etc)? If not then could you be running without the expansions (there is a way to select which version you are running IIRC).

I'm running a save game from my brother's Mac, and I think he doesn't have all the DLCs. However, he *does* have the last GaK expat, so...?

Spies and diplomats working just fine here on my Mac. The only difference with the mac version as far as I know is iron working is still expensive and unlocks iron rather that bronze working. We will get synced to the PC version soon though.

RenkenBD,

Whenever there are saved games involved, there is a risk of issues when transferring between versions and maybe between installs with different DLCs. My guess is that is what is causing the problem. If you start a new game, and you can see the Spy menu, then this is likely the cause.

Top Bottom