Assyria

Soronery

Prince
okay what is this. Start next to him and he declares war (backstab). 40 turns in hes got like 4 warriors a spear and 6 archers (not to mention the horseman and siege tower that come in soon and some other stuff in the fog). Most of those have cover+1 promotion or medic+1 promotion or flat out double promotions. That is some seriously gay crap jesus christ. Moderator Action: We don't tolerate homophobia here!
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Edit: I forgot to mention the siege tower has 3 promotions with cover I+cover II.

They're a warmonger civ that benefits from capturing enemy cities. So prepare for war if they are close to you. You should know this so there is no point in swearing.

Ashurbanipal is an aggressive leader, so expect war if you start next to him (just as you would with Montezuma or Shaka).
Also, his UB, the Royal Library, gives his units more XP if it has a Great Work of Writing - since the Writer's Guild comes early, it's very well possible he has them + Barracks for specially well trained units... He might have also stole some Great Works of Writing from someone else...
And finally, be careful with the insults... :cringe: That was uncalled for...

They're a warmonger civ that benefits from capturing enemy cities. So prepare for war if they are close to you. You should know this so there is no point in swearing.

b..but my declaration of friendship ;_;
Seriously defending against that army is not easy. Those promotions.

Edit: Assyria most certainly does NOT have a great work in their library by turn 40 (0 tourism output and I dont think its possible to get one that early).
I don't understand where they are getting double promotions from and triple promotions on their siege towers (open terrain cover 1 cover 2)

Edit: Assyria most certainly does NOT have a great work in their library by turn 40 (0 tourism output and I dont think its possible to get one that early).
I don't understand where they are getting double promotions from and triple promotions on their siege towers (open terrain cover 1 cover 2)

Siege towers always start with at least Cover I, and a barracks would give one promotion. Not sure how he's getting a second promotion that early with no great work in his library though.

They could have gotten a Great Work from the Liberty finisher.

Siege towers always start with at least Cover I, and a barracks would give one promotion. Not sure how he's getting a second promotion that early with no great work in his library though.

Even if he has the slot filled, it would not grant 2 promotions. (which means the library training has to give less than 15 XP) ... pretty bad UB ...

He went honor and going back to turn 11 he still has those double promotions.

I just don't understand under what mechanic he gets these promotions.

Honor gives more experience from combat, right?
Maybe he already went and cracked open some heads, hence the super Siege Towers... :crazyeye:

Keep in mind: in Civ5, "if you want peace, prepare for war.." Even if I have Siam leader (cannot spell his name!) or Ghandi as neighboors I maintain a correct defensive army.

Honor gives more experience from combat, right?
Maybe he already went and cracked open some heads, hence the super Siege Towers... :crazyeye:

No way. Every unit has 2x promotions (even scouts), he doesn't have that policy at turn 10.

Top Bottom