Assyria discussion

That seems to be the problem in the civ design. The UB is strange since it requires a lot of effort to utilize it (a) get writing b) build a library, c) create a Great Work) and the payoff is only really needed in one city (the unit production site, besides, creating several great works would probably be too costly).

IIRC GW can be stolen from other civs. I see Assyria having dreadful symmetry in their design - You get techs from taking cities, and when you are it, captured GW gives your units extra XP through the basic scientific building. I see Assyria as well designed.

Have we heard enough of Ashurbanipal's speech to work out if he's speaking Akkadian or Aramaic?

Aramaic might have been the choice if they wanted to go with a different language from that of Nebuchadnezzar...

I also think someone confirmed earlier that he is speaking Akkadian.

Either way, speaking sentences in Akkadian would separate him from Nebuchadnezzar's grunts.

Finally, we will ALL know (without trying) what the capital of Assyria is...

Now if I can just figure out the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow

I also think someone confirmed earlier that he is speaking Akkadian.

Either way, speaking sentences in Akkadian would separate him from Nebuchadnezzar's grunts.

Good point. It'll be nice to hear some proper Akkadian!*

*insofar as anyone really knows exactly what that sounded like, of course.

Vowels are tricky, but we otherwise have a pretty good idea of the consonants since they used a syllabary.

I'm curious to hear how Assyria have been treating everyone. Personally I've found them difficult to really get rolling on Immortal, so I'd love to hear any success stories or tips.

If there is anything that I've learned while playing as Assyria, it is to use those siege tower and show the world in the early game you are not to be trifled with. They will crush the city spamming Portuguese and Shoshone.

Assyrias UU is crazy powerful. It laughs at cities. A battering ram only better! And the great library helps you not only militarily and with science, but it also prevents against late game ideology unhappiness with the tourism stuff. Assyria is now one of my favorite civs in this game.

Top Bottom