10 New City States?

There's no way Brussels should be a Religious city-state. How could that make sense?

I agree
But also no sense in Bucharest or Florence being a religious city-state.
Maybe they will leave it as 12-13-12-8-7 after all

@Giskler: Thanks.

99.9999999999999999999999999999% chance it is a CS. 0.00000000000000000000000000001% it is some weird Malagasy civ that starts between Po-Zu.

50 % chance the reviewer just renamed the city ! OK, really it's more like 1,50 % chance !

Agreed, there would be many better choices for a religious city state than Brussels, (or Florence or Antananarivo). The latter also screws up "the formula", no? So are there even more city states around for diversity? Sth like 14-14-14-10-10? Which would mean that the chance of not getting any city state of a particular type on a smaller map rises, right?

We'll see...

50 % chance the reviewer just renamed the city ! OK, really it's more like 1,50 % chance !

0%, he wasn't playing as Zulu, so he couldn't rename it.

But there is no evidence supporting that it is a City State, devs already included Vilinus in Polish city list. Oslo in Denmark's, and Helsinki in Sweden's. So who knows? Quite frankly I think we have better things to do than this :p

All I hope is that they make an attempt to even out city states on all groups (so it's 12-12-12-12-12 or whatever).

12-13-12-8-7 means 13.4% of city-states are religious; 10-10-10-6-6 was 14.3%. 12-12-12-8-8 would be 15.4%. Maybe they just wanted to keep the number of religious city-states down for balance reasons?

Of course, they could just as easily limit the number of religious city-states that can appear in one game at one time...

But there is no evidence supporting that it is a City State, devs already included Vilinus in Polish city list. Oslo in Denmark's, and Helsinki in Sweden's. So who knows? Quite frankly I think we have better things to do than this :p

All I hope is that they make an attempt to even out city states on all groups (so it's 12-12-12-12-12 or whatever).

Except that Poland actually controlled Vilinus for a while. Denmark actually controlled Oslo for a while. Sweden actualy controlled Helsinski.

The Zulus never controlled Amantavaiorajoawiro or any part of Madagascar for that matter. They did not even have a navy that could take it. For them to have Amanaoijwtararrro would make as much sense as America having Havanna, China having Tokyo, the Byzantine Empire havng Mecca, Morocco having Rome, and India having Hanoi.

it shouldn't be too hard to deduce right? lets look at the in game religions and compare it to their respective holy cities. which religions don't have a corresponding in game holy city as a religious city state?

let me try to remember all the religions in game.

Protestantism
Catholicism
Eastern Orthodox
Shinto
Buddhism
Sikhism
Islam
Confucianism
Zoroastrianism
Hinduism

I think that is all? help me out

Except that Poland actually controlled Vilinus for a while. Denmark actually controlled Oslo for a while. Sweden actualy controlled Helsinski.

The Zulus never controlled Amantavaiorajoawiro or any part of Madagascar for that matter. They did not even have a navy that could take it. For them to have Amanaoijwtararrro would make as much sense as America having Havanna, China having Tokyo, the Byzantine Empire havng Mecca, Morocco having Rome, and India having Hanoi.

It'd make a lot less sense than America having Havana, actually. Cuba was briefly an American colony.

well the U.S. did control Cuba for a moment after the Spanish-American war right? but anyway... isn't it theorized that the Majapahit controlled Madagascar at one point? I'm not sure, its probably just a city state but we shouldn't say 0%.

also I demand that Port-au-Prince be a city state

it shouldn't be too hard to deduce right? lets look at the in game religions and compare it to their respective holy cities. which religions don't have a corresponding in game holy city as a religious city state?

let me try to remember all the religions in game.

Protestantism
Catholicism
Eastern Orthodox
Shinto
Buddhism
Sikhism
Islam
Confucianism
Zoroastrianism
Hinduism

I think that is all? help me out

Well I will try.

Protestantism : Geneva (calvinism), Wittenberg (lutherian)
Catholicism : Vatican City
Orthodox : Constantinople or Moscow
Islam : Mecca and Medina
Zoroastrianism : Persepolis
Shinto : Tokyo
Buddhism : Lhasa (but it's only a small part of the buddhist faith)
Judaism (you forgot it) : Jerusalem
Sikhism, Confucianism and Hinduism : not found, they are not linked a lot with a particular city.

As we see, the holy cities are all included (for what we know). But there are cities who are not linked with a particular religion (la venta).

Well I will try.

Protestantism : Geneva (calvinism), Wittenberg (lutherian)
Catholicism : Vatican City
Orthodox : Constantinople or Moscow
Islam : Mecca and Medina
Zoroastrianism : Persepolis
Shinto : Tokyo
Buddhism : Lhasa (but it's only a small part of the buddhist faith)
Judaism (you forgot it) : Jerusalem
Sikhism, Confucianism and Hinduism : not found, they are not linked a lot with a particular city.

As we see, the holy cities are all included (for what we know). But there are cities who are not linked with a particular religion (la venta).

ah, I see now many of them are in city lists. well thank you for your work, unfortunately it seems this doesn't narrow our options down does it?

Are there places, not necessarily cities, associated with Native American religions like the Ghost Dance?

It is very tantalizing to assume that they will be going for a 12-12-12-8-8 split. It just fits too nicely with the 10-10-10-6-6 of G&K for them not to do it.

Does anybody know anything about Antananarivo, would it make sense for it to be Religious? Interesting implications for Florence and in turn the supposed Venice civ.

Maybe Port-au-Prince as a religious City-State for Haitian Voodou? Havana for Santeria?

Antanarivo is definitely a city-state I'm 99.9% sure. The Zulus probably captured it since Shaka can't make friends cause he's a "warmonger"

But there is no evidence supporting that it is a City State

I'd say there's evidence, especially since the alternative makes no sense. There are probably going to be a bunch more African CS and Antananarivo makes perfect in that regard.

Top Bottom