Elipse - Civ5 Song

I_qua_I

Prince
There is a piece of music (see below) that plays during war. I happen to really like this piece and was wondering whether it was, was an extract of, or was based on a preexisting work or whether it is an original composition for the game. It is titled Elipse in the game folders. Any help/information is appreciated! :D

Link to video.

Ahhh.. my very favorite war theme in the game! On the rare occasion where I declare war, I'm always thinking in the back of my mind.. "Gee.. I hope that that incredibly beautiful, plucky violin theme starts playing soon!"

Ahhh.. my very favorite war theme in the game! On the rare occasion where I declare war, I'm always thinking in the back of my mind.. "Gee.. I hope that that incredibly beautiful, plucky violin theme starts playing soon!"

I heard it for the first time yesterday (I usually play with sound off :mischief:). I was playing as the Huns and was moving in on Poland's capital. It started playing as I was positioning my artillery, pulling in battleships from the north coast, and readying bombers in nearby previously-conquered territory. I was floored by the amount of drama and emotion this piece evoked. The impending end. The business of war and of dying. The sweet release. I literally stopped playing for a few minutes to just take the whole scene in. Sure, it was only a game but it was easy to imagine the scenario in real life with the kind of atmosphere this music created.

I love elipse. It may be one of my favorite pieces in-game. It's probably Knorr or something.

I love elipse. It may be one of my favorite pieces in-game. It's probably Knorr or something.

Thanks for the lead MantaRevan though I've checked Knorr's website and don't see it listed in any of the Civ5 sections. Maybe I missed it somewhere so if I have I hope someone catches my mistake. If not then the search goes on! :rockon:

Top Bottom