These maps are horrible!

aluelkdf

Prince
I'm playing standard continents and I continue to be placed on continents all by myself a very high percentage of time. Usually there is a large amount of land to expand too, enough for 3 civs. This never happened before BNW.

I know some people may like being by themselves to grow, but to me that's boring. i want to interact with other civs early on. They definitely changed something with map generation, and they need to fix it.

Try Small Continents? Add some AIs to the map? There are other remedies y'know.

I'm playing standard continents and I continue to be placed on continents all by myself a very high percentage of time. Usually there is a large amount of land to expand too, enough for 3 civs. This never happened before BNW.

I know some people may like being by themselves to grow, but to me that's boring. i want to interact with other civs early on. They definitely changed something with map generation, and they need to fix it.

same here. i thought that i was just having bad luck. continents has turned into small continents instead of 2 or 3 big ones.

Really? All of the continents I've played on are two, rarely three. Enough place for everyone, some islands here and there for city states. Only once has a civilization received its own island.

The continents map has changed for me as well, but not in the way you describe. All but one game has been two roughly round continents with equal civs and city states on each. It's become so boring and routine that I'm going to abandon that map altogether, soon.

In the past continents meant there were 2 big landmasses. In my experience it has been changed to 1 huge landmass containing most of the AI, and then two big islands housing two other civs. Pretty boring to say the least.

I've played three games on standard continents and each time I started on a continent with 4 or 5 other civs, leaving the other continent with 2 or 3 civs. I'd prefer to have 2 equal continents with scattered island chains for CS. Something like continents plus but with some CS on the mainlands.

i have three issues with the maps:

1. they're either too small or too large
2. tundra and desert spawn too close to each other
3. i get desert starts way too often (or desert and tundra starts)

I never have this problem, but I also always add extra civs to the map. If you do this, you're sure to have plenty of neighbors.

It also helps to generate wars among the AI Civs as their borders rapidly collide.

Hate to be the contrarian of the bunch, but I play random maps and constantly myself meeting my neighbors within the first few turns.

Enjoy the screenshots. That's me there as Lisbon. And realizing that this map might not be big enough for the 16 or so of us.

Attachments

• 2013-07-15_00005.jpg
    2013-07-15_00005.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 2013-07-15_00006.jpg
    2013-07-15_00006.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 2013-07-15_00007.jpg
    2013-07-15_00007.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 103
On Continents, I've been consistently (about 3/4 of the time) getting 3 or 4 continents, and I get my own continent every time. This is kinda boring normally, but when I play Venice its a nightmare. Useless trade routes, can't expand to all the delicious land.

I've noticed an increase in isolated starts as well. I can't say whether I like it or not yet though it does really put a damper on your parade when you pick someone like Rome or Ashurbanipal eager for some early-game war action only to find your nearest neighbor (city-states included) is something like 25 hexes away with a sea of forest/hills in between that will take 1 movement point each to march across. :shake:

I'm not use to the game at all and use the tool tips for info and so far it has misled me more often than it has pointed me in the right direction. I hate opening up new topics for everything and find the searches hard to skim through for the correct info. Would it be hard to update the tool tips? For instance, if I pick a huge, don't give me an option to pick maps that are only playable on smaller places and then leave me with them only. Currently it gives me the option of picking huge and then allows me to pick a map that only allows say standard, I start the game without even realizing that my map size has changed.

Top Bottom