Invalid 3D Device Type

AntiTwelve

King
-ERROR-
Initialize Renderer failed. Check DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers and Graphics Settings Parameters

-Width =1024
- height =768
- flags = 0xc
- hwnd =0xc0272
- adaptrid =0
- deviceid =3

Error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type

^This pops up after proper installation and unpaking (It showed up after 1.52 and 1.61 patches were added too).

My video card is up Radeon x700 pro and I have plenty of RAM... how do I tweak these settings or what is it I should do to fix this?

Yeah, it's definetly a driver problem. However, I already have tried the game with the normal windows xp drivers AND the omega (I found that out on a different site). The problem still persists... :/

I have the exact same problem. I reninstaleld the Direct X from the cd, and I have the correct video drivers. It still doesn't work:cry:

I've tried everything... ev-er-ee-thing.

I've found a solution. Wait for civ 5.

i'm in the same boat as you guys. i've tried everything. nothing works. here's my dxdiag if anyone has any ideas ...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,103
Hiya,

I had this exact error. Running dxdiag showed that no hardware acceleration was present on the video card. The error was solved by turning on hardware acceleration for the video card in the "Displays" control panel. Now I can play civ.

hth,

Rana

Hello all,

I bump the subject since I have the same problem with Windows XP

I tried everything : omega drivers, directx 10, accelaration option, etc...

Still the games refuse to launch. I can't try a re-installation since it's the first install. I can't even play :(
Civ 4 with Beyond The Sword.
All last update, etc...

Always the same thing when I get to Init Engine, I have the Invalid 3D Error

Any suggestion ?

Correcting an earlier post. hardware acceleration needs to be set for the display from the control panel AND from the dxdiag display tab. I had atried all the other suggestions with no result. Running Win XP with ATI Radeon x300. Incidently all my issues started after trying to install FFH (1) mod.

Hope this is helpful.

Top Bottom