More Civilisations

Have a list of bugs for primarily some outdated civs... are there plans for a round of updates? Would be awesome if they could still get updated since you have created some very nice civs over the years that at the moment are imo too bugged to play with! Also, I saw there are some fixes created here and there already, but also for these would be nice to get integrated in the mod, since not so practical to everytime fix these mods manually when they get installed fresh again.

Attached all the logs.

Mercia:
- Decision: Call the Wizengamot: When pushing enact nothing happens (tried in multiple eras)
- UA: No Golden Age on declaring war on City-State (should UA say "only major civilizations"?). No Golden Age when you get declared war upon.
- UB: Minster doesn't show 2 Faith on pasture on map. Instead it just provides 1 Faith on building in city. Also no happiness from Minster when religion comes to the city
- UU: When Fyrd takes city, my golden age turns went from 25 to 152 (???)
- In general, I feel it's way too easy to get and stay in a Golden Age. Perhaps UA should be capped at just once per rival civ?

Gauls:
- Decision: Elect a Verrix: Shows again as enactable in the same era in which I already enacted it once
- UA: A resource does not register as a luxury resource that is tradable or counted toward happiness.

Nubia:
- No decisions. Solution found: "the LUA for the decisions needs to be set to 1 in the modinfo file"
- UI: Royal Pyramid not available at Masonry but Construction. Civilopedia mentions +1 Culture per every new era instead of +1 per 2 new eras in various civ descriptions. Neither happens though, when going to next era, the culture and faith is lost, instead of providing additional culture.
- UU: Apedemak Archer: Doesn't get +1 movement next to rivers

Calusa:
- No welcome text when first meeting

Thracians:
- Would be nice to have available on Steam for automatic install & update
- UA: Unit capturing the city does not receive the XP
- UU: Falxman: Has bonus vs mounted? In combat screen: the attack bonus shows as open terrain +25%?
- UU: Peltast: Doesn't get 15% adjancy bonus when stationed in city. In combat screen: the adjancy bonus shows as rough terrain bonus +15%? Unit shows 2 Javelin Warrior promtions instead of 1.
- Decisions: Almost identical, guess intentional, but feels a bit off.

Minoa:
- UA: Immediate Golden Age (big chance first city is on coast) is not beneficial. Why not Golden Age at Writing or something?

Buccaneers:
- No decisions
- Generally outdated

Ayyubids:
- No decisions
- Generally outdated
- Civilopedia: Unit Attributes: TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_JFD_AYYUBID
- UB: Madrasah: 10% faith into science not working. Also only 10% would be underwhelming.
- UU: Free mounted units have "great general +15% bonus" in combat window?

The Moors:
- UA: Only the culture bonus works, not the science bonus.
- UA: If playing with CiD and ExCE: does the new UA also work for new Great People (e.g. Great Scout, Great Doctor)

Greece Split: Sparta:
- UA: Requirement of needing a Great General not working. Every time capital grows infantry unit appears even when not having Great General. Solution: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/more-civilisations.494241/page-212
- UU: Hoplite. Just gets +20% defense bonus. Gets no other bonusses related to "attacking better together and defending better alone".

Greece Split: Pergamon:
- Decision: Error in "Altar"-decision - fix: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/more-civilisations.494241/page-213

I play with JFD's mods like CiD and EXCE and support for these would be great (e.g. Ayyubids immune to desert attrition?, Calusa immune to marsh attrition?), but also Enlightenment Era & Renaissance Era Revised. Not sure if all civs have or require support for them...?

Thanks a lot!

When I played as Athens with compatible mods only, Pericles only had one leader trait, :c5influence: the one for city-state influence.

When I played as Athens with compatible mods only, Pericles only had one leader trait, :c5influence: the one for city-state influence.

That's simply a display bug - they used "ICON_SCIENCE" for his Inventive trait, but the :c5science: icon is actually "ICON_RESEARCH". He should still be getting the effects of the Inventive trait in-game.

Does any of this civs work fine with CBP?

Don't count on it; the only reason Jifford does is because of moral obligations to G. For most other people it isn't worth updating a civ as regularly as the CP is updated.

I put the support in myself after downloading. It isn't hard to do, just time consuming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

• Added TSL values
  • Reuploaded to steam (Note: This is a new mod id than the original)
  • Added mod support
  • Buffed the Falxman

Last edited:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

• Added TSL values
  • Reuploaded to steam (Note: This is a new mod id than the original)
  • Added mod support
  • Buffed the Falxman

Great to see it back up!

Absolutely, I'm not done with them just yet - I've just been real busy with uni and whatnot. Thanks for compiling all the issues in one place, it makes things a whole lot easier. Almost done on a Thrace update now, which should hopefully be up on Steam and here within an hour or two (but if not, then it'll be later tonight.)

A couple of them, like the Buccaneers, still have big issues that make things more difficult to update. In the case of the Buccaneers the UI model causes huge graphical glitches for users primarily with AMD graphics cards, but we've got no idea what causes that or how to fix it so short of a new model we're pretty much out of luck.

My pleasure, can imagine bit easier then going through all previous posts! Thanks for the quick update to Thrace and putting on Steam, appreciate it!

The Seleucids

Born out of the tumultuous period following the death of Alexander the Great, the Seleucid Empire was the greatest of the successor kingdoms, having inherited the vast majority of Alexander's eastern empire. Under the rule of their first Basilieus, Seleucus I Nicator, the Seleucids expanded their empire further, coming into contact and conflict with the Mauryans in northern India and the Ptolemies in Egypt. The Seleucids had a long and rich history, lasting up until their eventual defeat at the hands of the Roman Empire. The Seleucids continued Alexander's syncretism of Persian and Hellenic culture and customs, and used clever diplomacy to gain access to powerful new weapons of war from the East in the form of War Elephants, which were used at various points until the Seleucids finally succumbed to the ever-expanding Roman Republic.

Subscribe | Download

Last edited:
The Seleucids

Born out of the tumultuous period following the death of Alexander the Great, the Seleucid Empire was the greatest of the successor kingdoms, having inherited the vast majority of Alexander's eastern empire. Under the rule of their first Basilieus, Seleucus I Nicator, the Seleucids expanded their empire further, coming into contact and conflict with the Mauryans in northern India and the Ptolemies in Egypt. The Seleucids had a long and rich history, lasting up until their eventual defeat at the hands of the Roman Empire. The Seleucids continued Alexander's syncretism of Persian and Hellenic culture and customs, and used clever diplomacy to gain access to powerful new weapons of war from the East in the form of War Elephants, which were used at various points until the Seleucids finally succumbed to the ever-expanding Roman Republic.

Subscribe | Download
YES

Seleucids UA don't work(Food and hap from m buildings). Exp work but dont show until first fight,also War Elephant can't attack. Here are logs and screenshoots

Attachments

• 20161208225230_1.jpg
    20161208225230_1.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 20161208225240_1.jpg
    20161208225240_1.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Logs.rar
    46 KB · Views: 197
Nice! thanks for this release, and for keep making geat civ v mods! the new design makes more interesting this civ than the original, in fact i have the original for long time ago, but i never play with this cause i thing its not veery unique... this redesign its a great incentive to play with this one ,maybe not today but tomorrow i try this one for 2 or 3 hours!!!!!

PSA to users of Direct Download (as opposed to Workshop): Seleucids updated this morning (~17 hours ago) to fix the UA, well, not working at all :p

Top Bottom