Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

... hopefully the new UA will be equally awesome!!
That, besides getting graphics for the UU, is the only thing missing. Both the E and D part of E&D is done and just finished the pedia entries.

In other - and totally unrelated - news, I've just started this thread in order to give something back to this awesome community.

I've given up on trying to get Natan to understand girls exist. On the plus side, it means no more Natans after he dies.

Moderator Action: From now on, anyone spamming off-topic discussions in this forum will have their posts deleted and given warnings. I have given plenty of verbal warnings about off-topic discussions in this forum, but it seems they've fallen on deaf ears. Last chance

Moderator Action: From now on, anyone spamming off-topic discussions in this forum will have their posts deleted and given warnings. I have given plenty of verbal warnings about off-topic discussions in this forum, but it seems they've fallen on deaf ears. Last chance

Pouakai, could you please explain who here was spamming? Because I'm confused how that term is being applied here. Thanks!

Indeed, if you're coming up to gripe about something in the thread that's not actually happening (which you'd know if you'd read the posts prior to it), doesn't that make you the spammer here? Or maybe the fact that I'm talking about this makes me the spammer, or maybe - er - um - this got meta faster than normal - think, Scape, think...

---

Yeah, the preliminary UA design - assuming LUA helpers can get it to work - makes buildings yield +2 :c5culture: Culture if they're completed during a Golden Age. I think it's doable, but I'm not sure. Let's hope so, eh? =]

Pouakai, could you please explain who here was spamming? Because I'm confused how that term is being applied here. Thanks!

Indeed, if you're coming up to gripe about something in the thread that's not actually happening (which you'd know if you'd read the posts prior to it), doesn't that make you the spammer here? Or maybe the fact that I'm talking about this makes me the spammer, or maybe - er - um - this got meta faster than normal - think, Scape, think...

:hatsoff: Welcome Members! :hatsoff:

The Rules

Spam
Spam is posting something that does not make a significant contribution to the discussion at hand. The forums are discussion forums, and it is therefore expected that posters will post in a way that contributes to discussion. It is also expected that new threads will promote discussion. Moderators may periodically allow some lighter or more frivolous threads, but this will be at their discretion. Posting isolated links without meaningful poster input as to the value of such a link does not contribute to the discussion as will be considered spam. There is a lower tolerance for spam in threads where there is a good discussion taking place.

Trolling
Discussing the person, and not the topic. Ad hominems are generally not tolerated. We want people to focus on the discussion topic, not on the people discussing it. As a guideline, if your post only discusses the person (eg. their opinions, their background etc.) and is not related to the topic, you may be considered to be trolling. Discussing the poster, when civil and directly relevant to the topic, may be tolerated.

'Tis becoming rather frequent of late, throughout variuos threads, hence Pouakai's need to step in on the matter. He's just doing his job.

Natan's comment led to some posts about gender and the term Councilman. Given nearly every other thread in this forum has had pages and pages of off topic discussions that have hindered actual discussion I wanted to hit it on the head before it started in here as well.

Returning the thread to topic :D

Yeah, the preliminary UA design - assuming LUA helpers can get it to work - makes buildings yield +2 :c5culture: Culture if they're completed during a Golden Age. I think it's doable, but I'm not sure. Let's hope so, eh? =]

The new UA is working. As Scapegace says it's now:
Mountain in the Sea:
Great Generals and Admirals generate Golden Age points during war and buildings constructed during Golden Ages yield additional +2 Culture. Citadels provide Tourism after Printing Press has been researched

Granted, it's not as focused as the initial idea, but makes a lot of sense historically. Also (hopefully) it makes it distinctive from the UA of Greater Europe's new Mercia civ.

buildings constructed during Golden Ages yield additional +2 Culture

Just wondering, but does this count purchased buildings too? Or just the ones manually constructed?

Good question. I'm actually not sure, but I think it only counts for manually constructed buildings. The function giving the dummy buildings, which yield the culture, is fired with the CityConstructed GameEvent and I don't know if that applies to purchased buildings. Will test it :)

Also, would it make sense adding support for either JFD's Dynamic TopPanal Yields or Sukritact's Modular City Info Stacks or both?

I think it ought to be, personally - the whole point was to show a flourishing of Corsican culture and revolutionary spirit during Paoli's time. At least, that was my take on it during the design phase. =]

Also, would it make sense adding support for either JFD's Dynamic TopPanal Yields or Sukritact's Modular City Info Stacks or both?

I think it'd make sense to include support for Dynamic TopPanel Yields to show how many Golden Age points you're generating through Admirals/Generals and MCIS could also show units getting Great Generals I from the Furtezza in the city view screen. The extra info is nice though it's not too critical, so whatever floats your boat :)

JFD's DTP support now working (with P&P of course), but can't seem to get MCIS to work. Or rather, I just don't understand how the code works and what I need to add LUA-wise. Might have to ask Sukritact or JFD for help.

Besides that (and getting the UU model to work) I just need a pedia entry on the Macchieri. I'll write it myself, but, er, well, I can't really get started on it.

Oh, what is this now.. A new avatar (sorry, had to mention it myself, as no one else did ;)). Yes, it's related to one of the secret projects and yes, it's kind of obscure.. Feel free to take a guess :)

As for the Corsican update, it'll be released once Civitar gets time to convert the UU model, which will probably be in a couple of weeks or so.

Oh, what is this now.. A new avatar (sorry, had to mention it myself, as no one else did ;)). Yes, it's related to one of the secret projects and yes, it's kind of obscure.. Feel free to take a guess :)

As for the Corsican update, it'll be released once Civitar gets time to convert the UU model, which will probably be in a couple of weeks or so.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a Seth Rogen avatar. Not sure what civ it would be for, unless it's North Korea (The Interview).

Seth Rogen as leader for any civ sounds epically awesome! It's not him though ;).

Even though Viregel already guessed it (in a pm), I won't spoil it just yet. The three letters visible in the background is certainly a clue. That, together with my nationality and the keywords for one of the secret projects in my signature, might just be enough to guess it :D

If not, Kerfuffle will be posting the map soon-ish.

Seth Rogen as leader for any civ sounds epically awesome! It's not him though ;).

Even though Viregel already guessed it (in a pm), I won't spoil it just yet. The three letters visible in the background is certainly a clue. That, together with my nationality and the keywords for one of the secret projects in my signature, might just be enough to guess it :D

If not, Kerfuffle will be posting the map soon-ish.

I'm stumped. Based on the suit, he is very modern. Going by your Danish heritage, I would guess Faroe Islands, but that doesn't end in "nia" and seems more like LordRJ's type of small civs. And none of their leaders that I could find have that big bushy ball of hair. You also seem to work in the Mediterranean, but Mediterranean and Danish aren't clicking in my head..

Top Bottom