Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

I was just thinking of adding the Nuraghic Civilization onto my wishlist, and was surprised to see it pop-up on the Steam Workshop. Great job and great timing! I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I was just thinking of adding the Nuraghic Civilization onto my wishlist, and was surprised to see it pop-up on the Steam Workshop. Great job and great timing! I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Let me know what you think once you've tried them :)

.. almost here..
Spoiler :

Still some bugfixing to do with the Events unfortunately..

You misspelled aristocracy in the first event text shown?

Those colours seem quite close to the Huns, are they different enough ingame?

I just so happen to be playing a game with them now and the Huns are in it too. The Huns are a much lighter shade of gray.

I just so happen to be playing a game with them now and the Huns are in it too. The Huns are a much lighter shade of gray.

That's my opinion too, but I'll add some screenshots from ingame so people can judge for them selfs.
You misspelled aristocracy in the first event text shown?
Thanks - will fix. ;)

That was my thought, though I can believe they can be told apart in-game. I've used the attached colour scheme just to make sure though.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 156
On another note; Natan, earlier you mentioned that one of the events could be related to 'invasion'. I'm not sure whether you meant 'invasion of Sardinia' or 'invasion by Sardinians'.
Currently one of the event are related to the latter, namely the more or less controversial theory about the Nuraghians being connected to the Sherden - one of the Sea Peoples.
But an event related to the invasion/settling of Sardinia by Phoenicians, Carthaginians and later Romans would probably also be an interesting idea.
I do have two events right now, but if anyone could formulate a third related to the above (or come up with something else entirely), I guess there's no real restriction as to how many events a civ can have (TarcisioCM's recent Xiongnu civ has four!!).

Greenish-grey and copper vs. pale grey and dark red? Yeah, they're differentiable to me. I do see what you're driving at, though. =]

On another note; Natan, earlier you mentioned that one of the events could be related to 'invasion'. I'm not sure whether you meant 'invasion of Sardinia' or 'invasion by Sardinians'.
Currently one of the event are related to the latter, namely the more or less controversial theory about the Nuraghians being connected to the Sherden - one of the Sea Peoples.
But an event related to the invasion/settling of Sardinia by Phoenicians, Carthaginians and later Romans would probably also be an interesting idea.
I do have two events right now, but if anyone could formulate a third related to the above (or come up with something else entirely), I guess there's no real restriction as to how many events a civ can have (TarcisioCM's recent Xiongnu civ has four!!).

I meant that:

Event idea: invasion to Sardinia
The *civ* are invading our island! What shall we do!

Fight them!(Receive 20% :c5strength: combat bonus against *civ* for 15 turns and gain 400 :c5goldenage: golden age points. Lose 450 :c5gold: gold)
try to negotiate with them.(peace with *civ*. Lose 250 :c5goldenage: golden age points)

The Nuraghians updated with E&D support!!

Spoiler :

... and as requested, here's a comparison of Nuragic and Hunnic colours:
Spoiler :

And Natan, I haven't gotten around to write the Event you suggested, but probably will at some point :)

Yay!!!! My next civ! :)

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but are the resources spawned by the mining decision guaranteed to not replace others?

I only ask because there was a similar decision in RawSasquatch's California mod which ended up (unintentionally, I think) replacing local resources with Gold.

Hm, the UI for them says it's giving me +4 Faith even though it's supposed to be +3, though I was playing it just now before you updated. Is that a thing you fixed or some mysterious malady?

Hm, the UI for them says it's giving me +4 Faith even though it's supposed to be +3, though I was playing it just now before you updated. Is that a thing you fixed or some mysterious malady?
Are you by any chance using whoward's DLL?
The reason I ask is that the original design for the UI was that it yielded +1 Faith per adjacent tile with access to fresh water. But it turned out the relevant Secondary Yield Table, that should make this happen, didn't work with the standard game dll. Therefore I changed it to the more static +3 Faith.
In Whoward's DLL however, this is fixed and the table actually do work.

I don't think I actually removed the entries for the UI in the nonfunctional table after changing its design, so if you are using the custom dll and the UI is built on a tile with one adjacent tile with access to freshwater, then it would yield +4 Faith.

If that's not the case, then I don't know. In all my games it gives +3 Faith.
Are you sure the yield isn't caused by something else (beliefs, etc.)?

On another note, I would really like to get some feedback on the civ. Especially now since a couple of people on steam has cried OP and given negative ratings (even received a friend request from a person on steam, just so he could write me a very long message about how OP and boring the design was - he didn't answer when I asked if he'd actually played with the civ, but instead told me that 'at least the artwork is good').

I think the UB needs a nerf. At least remove the +1 range bit. The UA is fine, it's basically a slightly more limited Bazaar. The only reason it would be too powerful is if you had one of literally every one of these resources to trade, which is unlikely. The UI is fine, underpowered if anything. I think other than the UB, it's a very nice, balanced civ.

I find they're a good trade/defensive-but-really-offensive kind of civ. Forward settling then turtling up your cities, trading with allies far away whilst plotting to have your nearby neighbours invade you and become decimated is quite a valid strategy with the civ.

However I'd have to agree DoctorMcGann on the UB. It's already a very powerful granary replacement with defensive bonuses to top it off. It could instead replace walls - it could also come one tech earlier or on a different tech in the ancient era - whilst still providing food on sheep and cattle.

Top Bottom