Regna et Res Publicae - Hypereon's Civilizations

I thought I knew. But you didn't post the icon I expected in the Colour thread... :)

Probably you got it right, then. :) The icon is there - cerca trova. ;)

But that's Heresy!

What have I done...

No seriously, you don't know what civ it is? Really? He gave you like a thousand clues...

Florence! it was so obvious with all the use of French words and Lasguns!

That's right - toutes parlent français en Florence, mon dieu! :p

Sorry. I was just kidding. I never like to reveal a civ in once and just get provoked with all this guessing... :D The next civ will be released before the end of next week, as I'm just doing the supports - everything else is ready (though with computers, you can never be sure!)

Urho will retain the Jägers, I was just lazy with the icon! :D Urho will be updated too, but his uniques are already very well working, unlike Mannerheim's were, so it won't be of as high priority as Mannerheim was. I'll make the update after the next civ, and maybe before the Hanse. (I finally got GTA V yesterday, though, so I'll take a little modding slowdown after the civ release! :D)

I am unable to sign treatise Involving peace\ war declarations with the AI... As in, I can't make peace. Though I'm not sure it has anything to do with the civilization.

I am unable to sign treatise Involving peace\ war declarations with the AI... As in, I can't make peace. Though I'm not sure it has anything to do with the civilization.

Whoa. :eek: At least there is nothing in my code that would cause such problems...

I think that it was EUI's leader head thing that I erased.... Though it wasn't supposed to do... That.

Als sorry to bother you, but... Well, I looked on the designs of Finland and Finland and it seems weird... First of all, why does a cold war leader receive a WWI UU? And why does a WWII leader get a shrine replacement? I know its not supposed to be entirely leader focused, but you made 2.... And the paper mill looks a bit OP to me. Keeping forests in your territory isn't really a big deal, so thats a potential recipe for snowball...

Als sorry to bother you, but... Well, I looked on the designs of Finland and Finland and it seems weird... (1)First of all, why does a cold war leader receive a WWI UU? (2)And why does a WWII leader get a shrine replacement? (3)I know its not supposed to be entirely leader focused, but you made 2.... (4)And the paper mill looks a bit OP to me. Keeping forests in your territory isn't really a big deal, so thats a potential recipe for snowball...

Well, I'll refer to your points by numbers. Not in order, though. :)
(3) Compared to, in your case, perhaps JFD, I'm not as leader-centered as him. Instead, I'm more centered on the civilization's periods as whole: like Mannerheim, as my 'flagship' civilization, represents the whole history of Finland from Stone Age until WWII.
(2) Sauna was a must-be addition for Finland, but as an ancient invention, I couldn't replace any Industrial/Modern era building. Sauna is basically as old as the whole history and prehistory of Finland. It was basically a pit or cabin with a stone-covered fireplace. (No need for Steam Power or Replaceable Parts :p.)
(1)Kekkonen represents Finland from WWII onwards, but an exception - Finland hasn't fought any war since the World Wars (other than small UN operations), so I had to give it an older unit. More historically, Mannerheim is related to both of the units - but Kekkonen to none. I decided to design the civs gameplay-wise. Jääkäri just fits exceptionally well with Kekkonen's UA, and that leaves our WWII leader the iconic Finnish warriors, patrolmen or sissis.
(4) Well, it's a late building. Doesn't the restriction of base production balance it enough? I'll see onto that.

As a note to my design choices, I originally planned to do three Finlands. Väinämöinen would have got the Sauna and the Rune Singer, Mannerheim the Jääkäri and the Ski Troop, and Kekkonen the Sissi and the Paper Mill. I scrapped it fast, though, as it was just too many, and Väinämöinen wasn't a historical person. I also wanted to make Mannerheim more interesting and not as warlike, and wanted to make the civs more like an overall representation of Finland, not just of a certain leader.

Hope this answered! :lol:

about mannerheim:

the rune singer's unit flag does not display in strategic view
and why does the icon look like gandalf?

not that i'm complaining

and why does the icon look like gandalf?

not that i'm complaining
It was quite accidental, as it was based on Väinämöinen. Though, if you search for his references in the popular culture, this may get your attention:
Väinämöinen has been identified as a source for Gandalf, the wizard in J. R. R. Tolkien's novel The Lord of the Rings. Another Tolkienian character with great similarities to Väinämöinen is Tom Bombadil. Like Väinämöinen, he is one of the most powerful beings in his world, and both are ancient and natural beings in their setting. Both Tom Bombadil and Väinämöinen rely on the power of song and lore. Likewise, Treebeard and the Ents in general have been compared to Väinämöinen.

Quite Tolkienian, eh? Though, my subconscious often plays tricks - I'm quite a fan of Tolkien. :p

Spoiler :
or can we say Gandalf looks like a rune singer? :p

Also, I think the rune singer is impossible to get... I mean, how much marshes, lakes and unimproved forests can you work?

i got about five rune singers in my latest (unfinished) game with mannerheim

i also had one city which worked about seven forest tiles, one lake tile, and one marsh tile, along with about four others

i had a belief (from a mod) which gave lumber mills +1 culture, so i improved every single one of those forests with a lumber mill and got tiles with 1 food, 2 faith, 2 culture, and 2 production. pretty beast

Mannerheim only gets culture from unimproved forest tiles... Which was my point.

Nah, the culture from the Sauna also applies to Rune Singer generation as well, and I don't think the rate of Gandalf summoning is too low, I also happened to get a fair few in my recent Mannerheim game.

One question that I have is would it be possible to add a progress meter indicating when a Rune Singer spawns? It's be a nice QoL improvement, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add.

That is, unless one already exists that I was just too damn blind to notice :p

Top Bottom