THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

I have a bunch of important exams coming, I intend to host in March, or at the earliest at the end of February.

@dalamb
Put Qin up for NC42 in the normal timeframe (approx 2 weeks) and I'll do NC43/Darius after that unless someone else speaks up.

cas

A few statistics:
  • Most prolific mapmaker: TheMeInTeam, with 11 maps, followed by Bleys at 9.
  • Most popular mapmaker, by some definition of popular (average # messages per map): Bleys, at 139.3, followed by Krick19, at 127.7. Of course that was Back In The Good Old Days when the series was just getting started, more people were involved, and if my impression is correct, people were posting a higher fraction of "help the newbie" messages than they are now.
  • Most messages in a single NC map thread: 216 for Mehmed II, if you count my reply to the two most recent posters (no, that wasn't a gratuitous post, not at all). For a long time the record was 215 for Frederick.

As I said before, I'd like to give Bismarck a shot.. maybe for 44 or 46 if nothing else is planned?

Sure, I'd like to do that. I've checked out the Wordbuilder tutorial and it seems pretty clear to me. I guess I'll be doing 44.

Any chance of a new guy coming in and trying to host one? If I'm following dates right then 46 should be mid-late march? I've read over a few map modding guides (like TMIT's) and I have already tried my hand at it with some success. Maybe I could make a map and then send it to one or two of you to make sure it works before I host? I think I'd like to give Hammurabi a go if I get to host.

ilikepies / Cjreynol,
If one of you want to take NC43 in mid-february, that is ok by me. I can always do Darius later.

cas

I would, but sadly college has me bogged down with half a dozen tests and papers over the next 2 weeks. My only civ time is going towards finishing up a few forum games. I'll have to wait until about mid-feb to give making a map the time it deserves. If by some miracle I get time I'll let you know but for now it is 46 for me :D

I could do either, whatever works better.

ilikepies...I'd appreciate it if you take NC43 in mid-February. I enjoy hosting these more when I spread them out a bit. I'll take NC44 first week of March for Darius/Great Plains map.

cas

ilikepies...I'd appreciate it if you take NC43 in mid-February. I enjoy hosting these more when I spread them out a bit. I'll take NC44 first week of March for Darius/Great Plains map.

cas

Alright then, 43 it is!

On another note, I was wondering what the general opinion on Bismarck and his role is. I haven't heard almost any discussion about him. I've always thought of him as a leader who focuses on getting large, strong cities with lots of production and using them to mass produce units, but Industrious could also be used more for the wonders, though the German UB sort of screams production.

I've always thought of Bismarck as a big time producer who puts out lots of units. I don't know the exact numbers on him but he seems to always do well in my games, especially if he gets in a fight or two. Definitely gets a great late-game boost with his UB and UU, so making him last to the end of the game helps a ton. Panzers can put up a good fight with mech infantry, so they hold an advantage for a while once it gets there.

I have never used Bismarck but I feel sure if I did it would be great to have Industrious to ensure I pick up the few choice wonders I want for the game. I just never see him as some other leader like Louis I can wonder-spam with (well, as much as I can wonder-spam on Monarch :p )

@ ilikepies
Probably, the best thing about Bismark is flexibility - headstart on the axe-rush; fine UU/UB for an inter-continental war; well-suited for wondermongering. Bismark invites diverse strategies which is always instructive.

@ cas
Spoiler :
Darius/Great Plains. Fine leader/challenging map. Without an extra civilization or two (given the number of land tiles) would you not frustratingly risk the relavance of a superb UU at the Noble level? Curiousity, not criticism.

Okay trying to make sense of the last page of posts :crazyeye: So is this the current Agenda? With Qin due this weekend?

Game 42 (late jan) - Qin (Dalamb)

Game 43 (mid feb) - Bismark (Ilikepies)

Game 44 (late feb) - Darius (Cas)

Game 45 (mid march) - Errr... was this reserved for Peter (Dalamb)?

Game 46 (late march) - Leader? (Cjreynol)

Thats the next 5 games planned! Wow you guys are getting seriously organised! :lol:

Top Bottom