THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

Hammurabi for me. As long as it goes well I'll be signing up for a lot more of them :)

Corrected...

Game 42 (late jan) - Qin (Dalamb)

Game 43 (mid feb) - Bismark (Ilikepies)

Game 44 (late feb) - Darius (Cas)

Game 45 (mid march) - Errr... was this reserved for Peter (Dalamb)?

Game 46 (late march) - Hammurabi (Cjreynol)

Hammurabi eh? Interesting... One of the leaders I have yet to play.

I rescheduled Peter because of all the other folks who wanted to create maps. Here's the current content of my database, and, yes, Groo's approximate dates are correct.

XLII Qin Shi Huang dalamb
XLIII Bismark ilikepies
XLIV Darius cas
XLV Zara Yaqob CivilizedTiger
XLVI Hammurabi Cjreynol

Still editing the Qin map; should be ready tomorrow (Friday) late in the day.

Hammurabi eh? Interesting... One of the leaders I have yet to play.

Haha I've only played him a time or two, but his traits and UU are pretty tough against melee units. Maybe I'll throw in a few surprises to keep the players on their toes

NCXLIII Bismarck will be up this afternoon with any luck. I just have to make a few tweaks and do the little write-up.

NCXLIII: Bismarck is here! It'll be interesting to see some play with Bismarck.. I remember him being my favorite leader and the first one I won with in vanilla.

Oh... lol... very silly me. Thanks! :D

When I came up with 19th, I looked in the calendar and counted two weeks... but clumsy as I am, I counted two weeks from a nonsensical time :)

Next planned game is late this week, with Cjreynol doing a Hammurabi game. Is that plan still on track?

After that I was going to do a game with Peter, trying to set up something that could reasonably be played as a Once City Challenge, but my discussion of how to set that up prompted a whole separate OCC series. I seem to recall someone else wanted to do a game with Peter; whoever that was, do you want to try something for mid-April (around the end of the 2nd week)?

If not I'm open to suggestions. I could just do an ordinary game with Peter, or someone else could volunteer, or we could pick yet another leader. I've been offline for a few weeks and have a very mild preference for someone else to do mid-April (tax time in Canada :(), but if there are no volunteers it won't be that hard for me to put something together.

Would you be willing to make a map for Willem van Oranje? :D To me, he seems rather overpowered, at least in noble and prince, maybe even in monarch (my only monarch vicky was with Willem)

Perhaps some others want to try and jump up a difficulty level with a very fun to play leader and civ :D

NC XVII did Willem, but that was a long time ago, so a repeat might not be too bad. The idea of a game specifically designed to encourage people to step up a level is intriguing.

If people want a new leader: if I've updated my list of unplayed leaders correctly, the remaining unplayed ones are

Augustus (but Julius relatively recent)
Churchill (but Victoria relatively recent)
Hammurabi (tentatively scheduled for late this week)
Huayna Capac (considered by some as too easy at Monarch+ if a Quechua rush is possible)
Isabella
Justinian
Mansa Musa
Mao Zedong (but Qin quite recent)
Peter
Suryavarman II

In any case, since I don't at the moment have any specific idea, I'm happy to go with what seems popular.

I'm trying to move up to Monarch, so Willem sounds good to me. Otherwise, I'd like to try Sury or Justinian.

So, if you were soliciting a poll, those would be my votes. :)

Isabella would be great fun, knocking people around with CR3 Trebuchets from the get-go.

Top Bottom