THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

I just joined this site yesterday and I'm currently working on solidifying my game at Noble so I can move up to Prince, so this look like exactly what I need. :) Is there anything in particular I need to do to participate in this? (Mods I need to/should have, screenshots/saves I need to hold on to as I'm playing, posts I need to make as I play, and so on?) Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I'm ready for the next game too! Seems like Noble club games are the only ones I seem to end up finishing these days!

I just joined this site yesterday and I'm currently working on solidifying my game at Noble so I can move up to Prince, so this look like exactly what I need. :) Is there anything in particular I need to do to participate in this? (Mods I need to/should have, screenshots/saves I need to hold on to as I'm playing, posts I need to make as I play, and so on?) Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Civ Fanatics JP1. :)

No mods needed to play nobles club, but you can use a mod if you have a prefered choice.

As for screenshots/saves just post what you feel you need, particularly if your looking for feedback/advice on going forward in your game. There are some set checkpoints where you can report on your game (although you don't have to stick to these) and don't forget to put your report in spoilers!

Looking forward to the game!

Well, work being what it is, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to play in this, but I'm really hoping to. I'm sure I've built up tons of terrible habits playing in a bubble, and I know I probably could use a lot of help, so I'll likely be posting lots of screenshots and saves and asking a lot of questions in mile-long spoiler boxes.

Are there any mods you would recommend I use? I've seen all sorts of mods around with all sorts of acronyms I don't understand, and I wouldn't know which ones are compatible with each other.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I know what you mean about playing in a bubble! I managed to get to warlord level on my own, but playing Nobles Club really helped me improve my game up to Monarch.

I havn't played with too many of the mods available but I use Bug Mod, which basically doesn't alter gameplay but just improves on the user interface, gives you additional info, and adds little things like a natty little dotmapping tool :) But it does seem to slow down my laptop a little. You can download it Here if that takes your fancy.

Don't worry about posting long reports and asking lots of questions, thats the whole point of the club.

Vicky on a snaky archipelago map sounds like fun. I only have 4 games in progress now, so what's one more? :)

I'm going to give this one a shot. I played a little last night on Noble, hemispheres as Pericles. I was doing pretty good, MM my cities and making sure they were working the right tiles, getting a sizable phalanx army up, only to realize my nearest neighbor was Monty. :( Yeah, he DoW'd me before I was really ready, and just plowed through me. I fully expect to lose this game, as I've won once on chieftain, but I'll play it and post to see if there is anything I can do better. Kinda excited as I've never played a map where you HAVE to have a strong navy to advance.

Yeah, I 'have won' games on Noble before, but that's a long way from 'usually win', and I'm halfway expecting I'll lose. I'm also not very good at the heavy water maps, so we'll see if I can pick up some experience there.

Oooooo, Darius on Pangaea for extreme rush and/or REX ability :D

Sounds tasty :goodjob: or we play genghis and do a TMIT style game :D.

Either of those sounds great to me.

Any leader with an early military advantage would be nice as I'm thinking of trying a move up to emporer for the first time next game and I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

My next choice is Ghengis, indeed planning on learning/following TMIT's strategy. I was thinking of Arboria after watching madscientist's all-Montezuma game -- lots of trees should mean lots of happy chopping, and Kheshiks should have a nice advantage with ignoring terrain costs.

Of course someone else could intervene and claim some other leader for #38, but I'd really like to wait about another week (median long-term time between games is a little over 2 weeks).

I'm thinking of trying a move up to emporer for the first time next game and I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Me too :). So i guess that'll be too of us. I have been playing a few emperor starts offline and finally seem to be getting to a strong position in one. So may have my first emperor win soon.
BTW - Big difference from Monarch for me is how the AI seem to unit spam by the mid game.

My next choice is Ghengis, indeed planning on learning/following TMIT's strategy. I was thinking of Arboria after watching madscientist's all-Montezuma game -- lots of trees should mean lots of happy chopping, and Kheshiks should have a nice advantage with ignoring terrain costs.

Of course someone else could intervene and claim some other leader for #38, but I'd really like to wait about another week (median long-term time between games is a little over 2 weeks).

Cool, maybe we can start by this weekend??? Nobody will mind :mischief:

Top Bottom