[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

:D

@Azuil: I hope, no crashlogs mean no crashes :)?

I'm still thinking about, to what i shoud attach the farms, when i remove the "canyons"...
Any ideas would be helpful :).

Yep, you really made my day with the patch :) No CTD after 96 turns, playing a normal speed game on a large map, with high graphics.
(I have to go to that thingy with the blankets and a pillow on it... forgot the name... Anyway, that was the reason I stopped after 96 turns)

I Had 2 identical python exceptions, though:
Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 196, in handleEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 862, in onNukeExplosion
NameError: global name 'chooseplottwop' is not defined

Which caused no crash or anything.

The birds now only sound in the city view; which is not a bug, but a pet :p.

Small thing you could change with your next update: Tell people how to remove sandsorms (which units, which tech.) Came out pretty handy when I found out.

And maybe an entry for the SOTD (image attached), i think it's a civbug, not a marsnow bug. The Mercenary won a battle and was too tired to stand up. When i moved the unit all 3 units walked along.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 201
I'm currently re-uploading the whole mod, including the last patch, so that people, which download it and do not check the forum, don't get an unstable version.

Yep, you really made my day with the patch :) No CTD after 96 turns, playing a normal speed game on a large map, with high graphics.
(I have to go to that thingy with the blankets and a pillow on it... forgot the name... Anyway, that was the reason I stopped after 96 turns)

:lol:

I Had 2 identical python exceptions, though:
Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 196, in handleEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 862, in onNukeExplosion
NameError: global name 'chooseplottwop' is not defined

Which caused no crash or anything.

Thanks for reporting :).

I've checked it, the displaying of a message for a part of the terraforming fails because of a typo (the "p" at the end).
Doesn't need a fix atm, i think, will be patched next week (no time this weekend :().

The birds now only sound in the city view; which is not a bug, but a pet :p.

:D

Small thing you could change with your next update: Tell people how to remove sandsorms (which units, which tech.) Came out pretty handy when I found out.

I thought, i meantioned it in the Civilopedia, but i'll have to check that.

For the other guys here: Technology "Calendar", and the construction ships.

And maybe an entry for the SOTD (image attached), i think it's a civbug, not a marsnow bug. The Mercenary won a battle and was too tired to stand up. When i moved the unit all 3 units walked along.

:crazyeye: nice picture, haven't seen something like that before.

Maybe an animation problem, i'll look again at the files, maybe i've forgotten one.

I continued my game (2P, HS) to round 120. No crashes, no anything, but fun!

Ah, the second child of sorrow.
Sorry, that i forgot to ask also for you :blush:.
But with this confirmation, i'm totally sure, that it's stable now :).

Now i can concentrate on adding new features :cool: (how sad, that i have nearly no time :().

The Israeli scientist and explorers ability should, based on the german wording, probably read "with less than 2 scientist" instead "without less than..."

Anyway, i will try to play a game with the latest patch and look how far im getting without ctd. Last game i tried was with Patch B and after a while it crashed nearly every 2 turns.

I still think Mars, Now is one of the more interesting mods out there.

Wow, this mod looks amazing, great job dude.

Questions:
Has anyone of you sdk guru's ever tried to implement a second planet, master of magic-style?

Like in have the pc spawn a mars planet on gamestart that can't be accessed until the spacerace has been completed?

Before I start crunching through all the gamecode on my own, do you know if its doable?

regards steen.

The Israeli scientist and explorers ability should, based on the german wording, probably read "with less than 2 scientist" instead "without less than..."

:blush: true, at the moment the text is wrong.

But the ability will maybe be changed, because the original idea was a science bonus for every contact, not necessary through scientists, but maybe just a higher science rate.

Anyway, i will try to play a game with the latest patch and look how far im getting without ctd. Last game i tried was with Patch B and after a while it crashed nearly every 2 turns.

Then try out the last patch :) (Patch D).
In patch C (which is included in D) the main bug, which caused the CtDs, was removed, and there are no reports of more frequent CtDs at the moment.

I still think Mars, Now is one of the more interesting mods out there.

Wow, this mod looks amazing, great job dude.

Thank you both :).

Questions:
Has anyone of you sdk guru's ever tried to implement a second planet, master of magic-style?

Like in have the pc spawn a mars planet on gamestart that can't be accessed until the spacerace has been completed?

Before I start crunching through all the gamecode on my own, do you know if its doable?

regards steen.

Besides the fact, that i've nearly added no SDK stuff, try out the future mod, which is nearer to your idea :).

...doable...maybe.
Like said, i'm not a SDK coder.
But look at FfH2. With the dungeons, there are two separated maps in one game, so this could be transported to the normal game, with a second planet on an other map, which could be accessed through maybe a special building.
But this is, i believe, an incredible amount of work.

When you want to try it: Good luck, would be happy to see this succeed :).

Planetfall has 4 water terrains. Check out the Planetfall mapscript.

I'll comment it here: I can only see 3, but good to know, thanks :).

I've also tried again the mapscripts from Koma, auto-replacing the coast/ocean with a 3. terrain type, "desert ocean", works, i get a full "sand-sea".
I hope, there's a way to get the AI work, i'll play a bit with it next weekend :).

Patch E
Includes the patches A - D

Bugfixes:
- Small bug with one message related to terraforming solved

Additional things/changes:
- Korean UU "Plasma-Infantery" renamed to "Laser-Infantery" and changed it to a european UU
- New unit "Terminator" for the civic "Android Society". Modell by seZereth, skin by Avain
- New unit ABC-Infantery, modell by Mechaerik
- New Unit Plasma-Infantery, modell von Mechaerik
- "Exploration-Tank" renamed to "Exploration-Rover", new modell from Keldath
- New modell for the submarine
- New american UU "Goliath"
- 2 new korean UUs "Behemoth" and "Behemoth XT", all modells from the submarine to this come form Empire Earth 2, were uploaded by Deliverator and animated by The_Coyote
- New alien leader added, modell by cfkane
- Finally my own icon, thanks to Avain :)
- New farming concept: Farms can only be build in the first ring around every city
- Irrigation can be spread with "Mars-Botanics"
- Removed all rivers and lakes from the mapscripts, thanks to Koma13
- Removed all rivers from the pre-made maps
- All units from the "Life 2.0"-civics like "artifical body" or "Terminator" starts with the promotion "not human", so they do not cause military happiness
- Changed one event, activated a second
- New unit "Migrant", which can add +1 population to a city. I need some people, who can tell me their observations, if the AI uses them or not.

The new units:

The_J, I think you may have overlooked something on the city irrigation change. I can't build farms in the first ring of the fat cross, and the popup text says something about needing mars-botanics (by the way, I think that name sounds odd; maybe Martian Botany would sound better). Are you sure you're spreading Fresh Water to the surrounding tiles?

I think it's patch E, I can build the Migrant.

Besides that you still need flat lands and can't build farms on hills, it should work :confused:.
When you move the cursor over a city, the plot should show, that it has "fresh water", which is the source for the fresh water for the surounding tiles.
If this is not the case, i made a mistake, but i included the necessary files in the patch, so it should work.

Martian Botany: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll rename it (if i don't forget it :blush:).
As not native english speaker, i depend on mother tongue speakers, who can make appropriate suggestions for names.
So if you think, somethings sounds odd or dull, and you have a better name, than say it, it's appreciated :).

Yeah, there's definitely something weird going on. I don't see Fresh Water anywhere in my city plot, when I started a custom map I started next to a canyon, and none of the religious origin Civs are starting with their faith.

I went with the Mars 18 Civs map which doesn't have any canyons on it. No water at all, which is making city management interesting.

Heck, I even tried a fresh download and reinstallation of the mod, assuming I might have botched the installation (or that I might be unknowingly running an older version). Didn't fix it.

Baaaaah. What a glorious waste of marvelous new unit modells. it's a bit frustrating to see units that look that cool to get updated in time.
why don't you put these unique units at the end of their respective lines? / give the modell to unit at the end of a line.

Yeah, there's definitely something weird going on. I don't see Fresh Water anywhere in my city plot, when I started a custom map I started next to a canyon, and none of the religious origin Civs are starting with their faith.

I went with the Mars 18 Civs map which doesn't have any canyons on it. No water at all, which is making city management interesting.

Heck, I even tried a fresh download and reinstallation of the mod, assuming I might have botched the installation (or that I might be unknowingly running an older version). Didn't fix it.

:confused: i still can't confirm that.
I've also installed the patch over my normal modinstallation, and it works.

Could you please attach a savegame?

Are the logs still activated?
Could you maybe provide one too?

Baaaaah. What a glorious waste of marvelous new unit modells. it's a bit frustrating to see units that look that cool to get updated in time.
why don't you put these unique units at the end of their respective lines? / give the modell to unit at the end of a line.

I thought in another way:
Put it at the beginning, so that most players will see them ;).

No serious: Do you think, the unit upgrading process is to fast?

Here's the save. Sorry, but I don't really have any logs for ya.

Attachments

• Irina Politkowskaja AD-2205-October.CivBeyondSwordSave
    557.2 KB · Views: 61
Okay, i can load it, so it's definetly patch E.

But you're right, something is not working.
When i build a city with your next colonist, i get fresh water, but your cities do not have it :confused:.
-> Something's going wrong with the python on your computer :hammer2:.
Are the python exceptions still turned on? If no: Can you please activate them?

I hope, it's not again a problem with steam :scared:.

It would also help, if somebody else could confirm the problem.

Put it at the beginning, so that most players will see them ;).

No serious: Do you think, the unit upgrading process is to fast?

difficult to say - depends on too many things. i usually play on faster game speeds to use the start phase on complete isolation to prepare myself to conquer the world once i reached the last techs ;)
no... all in all i don't think the upgrading process is to fast, it's the problem of upgrading itself that will come someday.
btw. i prefer unique units that stand aside the normal palette... beeing able to build them forever or much longer with special abilities (don't the behemoths had the ability to climb unpassable terran?!)

Top Bottom