A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this message : tradeutil - unknown item type 6

I see it at the top of the screen where the 'news' items appear.

*Sorry* I didnt read that, I was too excited to start my game :)

Alright, here is the detailed process before I get the frozen game.

1. Installed RoM 2.8full
  2. Patched it to 2.81
  3. Installed your pack (all EXCEPT Ideology, Sea Monsters, High Res Cursor, Dark Red checked).
  4. Went into GlobeDefines and changed city range to 3.
  5. Went into GlobeDefinesAlt and made sure to change to 1 Air Bombing, Active Defense, and one more Fighter option I forgot the name for, Ranged Bombard (done by you, good).
  6. Removed old Warlord folder, and replaced it with Vincentz' latest Warlord folder.
  7. Installed my OS79 folder with all the stuff in the attached file.
  8. It was Epic game (autoplaying for GameSpeeds tweaking job), It is now 225th turn in the savegame file in the attachment.

In next one or two turns, the game froze.

Here is a bug with beta2, it will not let me build an observatory even though there are hills or peaks.

Went into GlobeDefines and changed city range to 3
What does this do OS79?

What does this do OS79?

Restrict your next city establishment to 3 or greater tiles away, instead of default 2.

Disliked how the default cities are tightly packed together. Especially, as I have Larger Radius installed as well.

Here is a bug with beta2, it will not let me build an observatory even though there are hills or peaks.

Beta2!??

Hello, update to the official release! I fixed that bug weeks ago.

I've narrowed down the cause of the infinite loop to a particular game option, Fixed Borders. I need to analyze the code more deeply, but for the moment, to avoid the loop, turn off the Fixed Borders option.

If you already have a game going that you would like to continue, load the save a few turns before, save a worldbuilder save, and open the worldbuilder save in notepad. Find the line that says "GameOption = FIXED_BORDERS" and delete it, and save notepad. Now reload the worldbuilder save.

I've narrowed down the cause of the infinite loop to a particular game option, Fixed Borders. I need to analyze the code more deeply, but for the moment, to avoid the loop, turn off the Fixed Borders option.

If you already have a game going that you would like to continue, load the save a few turns before, save a worldbuilder save, and open the worldbuilder save in notepad. Find the line that says "GameOption = FIXED_BORDERS" and delete it, and save notepad. Now reload the worldbuilder save.

Thank you! Okay, now off to autoplay to get Epic GameSpeed out of the way!! I promised it to be finished by this weekend. Hopefully, my promise is still intact, plus that promise to update my old mod, RevGold, that I totally forgot about!

downloaded 1.51 and tried to use it with rom 2.81. went to advanced, load a mod, after it gets to init xml, it crashes to desktop seconds later..

Restarted the new game without Fixed Cultural Border.

I'm about 50 or so turns past the area where I froze. no freeze so far.
Good job!

I didn't fix anything... I just rerouted around the bug.

Ah, but his "Good job" was likely in reference to identifying the bug and informing us on how to temporarily find a solution. Which was indeed a good job, in the sense that now we can proceed with our saved games :).

Hello Afforess and All!

This is my first post but I've been watching this forum for almost a year now and playing RoM for the same time.
Fisrt of all I need to congratulate zappara and you for your awesome job as I never look for a new game, just for new improvements in RoM:goodjob:

I was playing a game with RoM 2.8 and your mod 1.51beta5 and the latest megapack. When I tried to load the game, most of the map became dark as the picture attached.

After this problem, I choose to update to 2.81 and a New Dawn 1.51 and started another game, but the problem persists. Any help?

Thanks and keep up the good work

I play gigantic map, 50 civs, snail speed, and with revolutions and barbarian civs on
my computer: Windows Vista 64 bit, Intel Core Duo 2.40 GHz 4MB RAM and NVDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Attachments

• civ.jpg
    civ.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 210
I've narrowed down the cause of the infinite loop to a particular game option, Fixed Borders.

Found the exact bug. It is in the Fixed Borders, but due to bad merging (sorry Afforess :) ).

Here's the fixed dll, you can use it for your saved games, it IS savegame compatible (for latest mods, RoM 2.81, AND 1.51).

Afforess, you'll get a PM for this ;).

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
Fantastic Dexy !! I just experienced the infinite loop bug. Fixed borders was the main mod that made me give this pack a go.

Having a blast playing Civ4 again .... Thanks.

Sorry about the bugginess of the recent versions, but I've got everything fixed now, and in time for the weekend. ;)

Great so far. Deleted old RoM & 1.41 and reinstall from scratch seemed to do the trick. Several observations:
- turns are damn fast!
- GIANT SEA TURTLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
- not so sure about the deep red interface, but it does add new life!
- I noticed a problem with the pop-up's (ie the ones that come up after completing a city's build, and then you have an option to hit 'Great...', or 'Let me see...'); the lettering is hard to read; the font color is not white.

Beyond this, so far so good. To all a great week-end!

I just came out of a lengthy war with the Romans, and the turn after they like me, partly because of religion and partly because of civics. The war does not even register in the attitude list, even though it ended with them losing a city to me.

I suspect Civic Flavors for this seeming discrepancy. Here's my list of modmods (I'm using 1.50 but have fixed borders turned off)

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} {The World's Fair} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} Education {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics}

Attachments

• Civic Flavors 1.jpg
    Civic Flavors 1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Civic Flavors 2.jpg
    Civic Flavors 2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 174
Sorry about the bugginess of the recent versions, but I've got everything fixed now, and in time for the weekend. ;)
Does this mean you will be able to actully play the game?;)

:lol:

FAST TURNS!!! IT IS SO AMAZING!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom