Accelerated Production...

SinisterDeath

Pure Quality
As I have never checked this option and hadn't bothered to research it, I was wondering if someone in the forums could provide me detail on how it works, and how it affects research and general gameplay. If it took 30 turns to build a temple in your capital, how many would it take to do it with AP?

Also, do you find that you win faster or get higher scores by choosing this option?

Your cities produce double shields, and your food box is half size so you grow twice as fast. The first intro Conquest is a good introduction to AP.

Theoretically, it should take 15 turns to build a temple.

I've never tried it in an epic game. I don't know how it affects scoring, but just remember that the AI is at double production and double growth too.

I think AP is easier if you move workers manually. The AI will over build irigation and the extra benefits of more workers, playing an industrious civ and moving workers manually makes this type of game easier.

Originally posted by Pook
Your cities produce double shields, and your food box is half size so you grow twice as fast. The first intro Conquest is a good introduction to AP.

Theoretically, it should take 15 turns to build a temple.

I've never tried it in an epic game. I don't know how it affects scoring, but just remember that the AI is at double production and double growth too.

Actually, both the food cost and shield cost are halfed rather than the production rate being doubled.

So a temple cost 30 shield instead of 60 shield. A religious civwould have a tempe at 15 shield.

I never play AP, I like the regular long drawn out games.

I love accelerated production, but it would be even better with an option to slow down research
so you couldnt wait for that new unit to start a war, instead you bulid several older ones, and as a result... you play with every unit, and experience 4, 5 or more WW and...the game lasts 200hours (!!)

Ive tryed, but its extremely easy for me to mess everything up.
I prefer not to touch the editor.
should I 2x the tech cost? maybe 3x?

which version of civ are you playing, i could rustle up a quick mod with 2 or 3 x the tech and post it here tomorrow, 2x makes sense to counteract the halfing AP gives

what about the tech rate in the map size? couldnt we increase it, and as the cities are the same, the techs race is slowered?

Top Bottom