Weird black area graphics issue

InkyBlackness

Chieftain
Folks - could you look at this?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232466162

Only happens on full screen on my triple-head screen. Happens on DX10 &11 and on Win8 mode - does not occur on DX9. P's me off that I can't play this game fullscreen.

Any thoughts?

Rig:
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V GEN3 (LGA1155)
2 x 1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (MSI) SLi Enabled
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Resolution 5760x1080 60Hz
Nvidia Driver v. 334.89

It is similar to the other refresh issues, that I have seen. They normally go away though.

They crop up whenever there is a new patch out. Only suggestion I have is too keep verifying the local cache in steam, even a couple of times after it says "all files verified successfully".

If that does not resolve it, there are other things to try under the threads on graphics issues, like deleting certain files, and letting the game rebuild them.

You could try lowering some of the settings to see if the cards handle the refreshes better.

It is similar to the other refresh issues, that I have seen. They normally go away though.

They crop up whenever there is a new patch out. Only suggestion I have is too keep verifying the local cache in steam, even a couple of times after it says "all files verified successfully".

If that does not resolve it, there are other things to try under the threads on graphics issues, like deleting certain files, and letting the game rebuild them.

You could try lowering some of the settings to see if the cards handle the refreshes better.

Thanks for that.

I've tried all variations on the settings - no real difference on the black squares - just poorer graphics!

I've tried verifying also - without luck

But may have a hunt through the graphics issues threads re deleting files. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.

I've tried a complete reinstall from Steam, deleting all local content prior. Still getting the back boxes on full screen.
Any more ideas folks?
Thanks
Tim

It would take a lot of work, but if possible, you could take your cards out of SLI mode and try one card at a time. Playing the game with each card, to see if one of them is starting to have memory issues?

There may be a software test available to run extensive test on the memory before you tackle the project, but sorry I cannot offer any better specifics.

Top Bottom