the oobs 2nd pitboss game, 18 players

Taok said:
Probably; but I think he would have given it much more thought if he knew what my reaction was going to be. Basically, I feel I got the appropriate payback against him.

Now the Americans…they declared war on me in my time of greatest need right after they had promised to assist me. So to answer your question, the picture is perfectly clear. We are both going down in a blaze of glory starting right now. The only thing you can really do it try your best to enjoy the ride.

This is the wisest possible response to aggression: make an example of your aggressors, even if it means your own destruction, in order to discourage future aggression, both in this game and future games.

And of course, out of pure spite.

We were having very honorable war with Taok, but war with Xerol seems will not be such.

He just employed double move. It does not matter mach, as he has only 2 spying axes on my border. I just hope that in time of real war he shows himself more honorable then that.

Mutineer said:
We were having very honorable war with Taok, but war with Xerol seems will not be such.

He just employed double move. It does not matter mach, as he has only 2 spying axes on my border. I just hope that in time of real war he shows himself more honorable then that.

It's ok (and even encouraged if it speeds the game up) as long as he hasn't exploited it for tactical advantage. I'm leaving what's considered exploiting of this to peoples own judgement, but if in doubt, don't do it.

Moving unit into forest befor opponent is exploiting it for tactical advantage.
I and Taok did not had any problem with having it on turn by turn base.

Mutineer said:
Moving unit into forest befor opponent is exploiting it for tactical advantage.
I and Taok did not had any problem with having it on turn by turn base.

Fair enough. Xerol: naughty :nono:

By the way, if you want to take your turn but don't know if your opponent has (in order to avoid breaking the double turn rule), check the log on this page, which you can access by clicking on any part of the RSS feed, or going through the civstats main page.

EDIT: Because you logged in multiple times last turn, once before Xerols turn and once after, Xerol may have gotten the impression (from the log) that you had moved after him on the previous turn, allowing him to move before you in the current turn. Why are people logging in multiple times in the same turn anyway?

Anyway, from now on people, judge this via whether your opponent has pressed turn, which you can see either from the feed or the aforementioned civstats link... if they have, you may assume that they have moved all their units for purposes of the double turn rule. If they have not assume they haven't moved any of their units, even if they've already logged in and out; and preferably, you should all press end turn the first time you log in.

Also, as I think I mentioned by email, you may always take your turn 12 hours after the turn has started (by the game clock, so probably a bit more than 12 hours since it runs slow. You can tell using the civstats page or the feed) regardless of whether your opponent has taken their turn or not.

Read this explanation if you want:
Spoiler :
So this is a 'legal' means of exploiting the double turn rule, which I only include because otherwise it leaves too small a window for the player to take their turn in. I may adjust this if people complain, but I need to draw a balance between stopping people from exploiting double turns while making sure a player has a fair chance to take their turn if their opponent is a slowpoke... obviously if I didn't put in a time limit a player could be prevented from moving their units at all if their opponent misses their turn, or might only have the last few hours of the turn left in which to do so (which might make it unfeasible for them if they're asleep or what have you) so some restriction is needed.

I didn't notice the declaration until after I had moved my first axe, the game didn't give me any notification. I didn't even think about double-turning after I noticed. Also, since today's the first day of class, I've only got a few hours in the evenings to play my turns, so it's either move then or not at all for the next 14 weeks.

Xerol said:
Also, since today's the first day of class, I've only got a few hours in the evenings to play my turns, so it's either move then or not at all for the next 14 weeks.

Ok well the two of you should have a discussion between yourselves about timing.

With Taok I have an agreement that I move first each turn.
I log in resonably often, thought I do sleep and go to work.
It is dificult to have different arrangments with different people.

In that case in my direction it was fine, as he did not use it to tactical advantage. We did had a some small battles with his pillaging axes, that all.

I'm back; verizon decided to break my internet for 2 days, but I'll be able to play again in a few hours.

Top Bottom