the oobs 2nd pitboss game, 18 players

Still, we want the game to move along, don't we?
I was just warried that he forgot or something.

Right now game move along nicelly.

Is something up with the server? It took me about 20 minutes to connect, another 15 to download data, and now I can't move any units.

Xerol said:
Is something up with the server? It took me about 20 minutes to connect, another 15 to download data, and now I can't move any units.

I do download a lot of torrents around the 17th-20th of each month, which I refer to as the 'thrash' (it's to do with a tricky way around my ISPs data cap... long story), so there may be problems around that time, but from what I've observed pitboss seems to do a pretty good job of hogging bandwidth. Has anyone else had the problem Xerol is describing lately?

Tell me if the problem persists, although the thrash is over so if it is because of that then you shouldn't have any problems for the time being.

Yesterday at 0814 PST, I was logged on slowly as described above by Xerol. Once logged on, it appeared that my unit moves weren't being processed...the red end turn button stayed green...and a red error message flased onscreen saying I was "out of sync" and to log back on again. After restarting my pc and logging on again at 0844, I saw that my moves had been processed afterall and my turn finished. During the second logon I also saw the "waiting for Colgere" message noted by CB. Are those French doing French antics again? (just kidding if there's any sensitive French here) I have lately been having intermittent problems with my satellite pc connection speed, so it might have been a problem on my end...maybe sunspots, maybe global cooling, maybe the French, maybe anything?:p

swiss1 said:
Yesterday at 0814 PST, I was logged on slowly as described above by Xerol. Once logged on, it appeared that my unit moves weren't being processed...the red end turn button stayed green...and a red error message flased onscreen saying I was "out of sync" and to log back on again. After restarting my pc and logging on again at 0844, I saw that my moves had been processed afterall and my turn finished. During the second logon I also saw the "waiting for Colgere" message noted by CB. Are those French doing French antics again? (just kidding if there's any sensitive French here) I have lately been having intermittent problems with my satellite pc connection speed, so it might have been a problem on my end...maybe sunspots, maybe global cooling, maybe the French, maybe anything?:p

When is 'yesterday' for you, the 19th?

The vile nation led by the scoundrel known as Xerol declared war on the Peace loving Americans and have started marching towards Warshington. The Americans will begin their valiant defense of their capital soon. We urge all neighboring civilizations to take note of these actions and act accordingly with great vengeance against the evil menace to World Peace.

crazyjoe0813 said:
The vile nation led by the scoundrel known as Xerol declared war on the Peace loving Americans and have started marching towards Warshington. The Americans will begin their valiant defense of their capital soon. We urge all neighboring civilizations to take note of these actions and act accordingly with great vengeance against the evil menace to World Peace.

Translation: who feels like opening up a second front? :D

Not me though, for one thing I have no idea where Xerol is.

Well, he probably want free piramids and great ligthhouse. They are very atractive wanders.

Heh, I am on other side of the earch.
Second nearest Xeron neibor in Brizza, but he is bizy peacifying Astecs and probably does not has any spare military.
Taok near by Warshington second capital, so he migth join on a side of evil Spaniards. :)

I would like to suggest at in a time of war, that neither party in the war take two turns in a row (and have an unfair advantage) if they end up being the last person to take their turn. If you are on either side I think it would only be fair if you are the last to take your turn that you wait to take the next one until the other party takes theirs. In peace this doesn't matter too much, but it war it can be devestating.

Mutineer said:
Well, he probably want free piramids and great ligthhouse. They are very atractive wanders.

He's not going to get free anything. War is so slow in this early age that I'll have five or six units in my capital by the time he gets his three warrior band to Warshington.

crazyjoe0813 said:
I would like to suggest at in a time of war, that neither party in the war take two turns in a row (and have an unfair advantage) if they end up being the last person to take their turn. If you are on either side I think it would only be fair if you are the last to take your turn that you wait to take the next one until the other party takes theirs. In peace this doesn't matter too much, but it war it can be devestating.

Yeah agreed. I'll just ask you guys to be decent about it for now, because enforcing rules is a hassle, but if it becomes a problem then I'll make some rule over it.

crazyjoe0813 said:
He's not going to get free anything. War is so slow in this early age that I'll have five or six units in my capital by the time he gets his three warrior band to Warshington.

When you deal with an enemy, remember your history. Do not simply repel an attack. You must completely humiliate your enemy, to show others the folly of attacking you. Fear is the most potent weapon of all.

An armistice was the end of Germany in WW1, and Germany stuck again. 2 nuclear bombs was the end of Japan in WW2, and Japan (one of the most militant nations in history) became pacifists. It is why the conflict in the middle east continues, because one side does not have the means and the other does not have the will to annihilate their enemy.

Know that this is how I will deal with any who attack me. I will bribe others to fight them. I will devote my entire energy into taking them down, even if it costs me the game, because I am thinking not of victory in this game, but of my reputation for future games.

In the spirit of fair play, even though I was the last to take my turn, I haven't done any unit actions (on the front) for my units this turn. (I did do the domestic stuff now, but I don't see how double-turning a worker action will affect anything.)

Well Xerol, I have cast the first offensive in our war, and your army is much smaller than it was before it first entered upon American soil... Thank you!! Come Again!!

Xerol said:
In the spirit of fair play, even though I was the last to take my turn, I haven't done any unit actions (on the front) for my units this turn. (I did do the domestic stuff now, but I don't see how double-turning a worker action will affect anything.)

Fair enough then.

Top Bottom