the oobs 2nd pitboss game, 18 players

I just got an e-mail from Grizzle today and he'll be back to return to his earstwhile leadership of the Aztec Nation on Monday or Tuesday this coming week. This works out well for me as I'm on my way to Montana on Wedsnesday, Aug. 4th and may be unable to get on the internet for about 1 month...I hope I can handle the withdrawl symptoms!
I want to publicly thank oob for letting me sub in this game. He's running an exceptional contest here and we're lucky to have someone as "on the ball" as he to keep things moving. It has also been a pleasure "working with" the rest of the players in this game. You all seem to be honorable people and are also keeping the idea in mind that this is a game, and is supposed to be fun. It's surprising how "unfun" a game can get when a couple of the players let their egos clash. Anyway, I hope to be able to meet you all again on the civ 4 battlefield. I'll let oob know when I'm back online...thanks again Bob Lanini...swiss1

I'll keep an eye on the forums. I'll be glad to join in a new game or still sub if needed as soon as I'm back on the net.

Haven't checked this thread for a wee while, is anyone still having the aforementioned problems connecting? I have the hamachi running on the server now so try that if you have difficulty connecting the normal way.

As for running another game (which some have mentioned), I may start a Warlords game once my 3 vs 3 game finishes, it depends how I feel about it at the time.

swiss1 said:
I'll keep an eye on the forums. I'll be glad to join in a new game or still sub if needed as soon as I'm back on the net.

I'm happy to have you sub again for this game as long as no one else has a problem with it, which they might since you've already controlled the Aztecs (which would give you map knowledge you aren't supposed to have... I wouldn't care but others might).

Ahh...I didn't necessarily mean subbing in the same game again...I guess it would be unfair to have controlled two factions! Anyway, I really like the idea of starting my own empire from scratch and will look for a new Oob game or see if CB gets a new one going. I definately think using pitboss is the way to go. I wouldn't even be interested in playing a civ regular pbem anymore. :goodjob:

I had impression that CB controled Brizza faction and vice vica, which I found Unfair.

CB Droege said:
He had asked me to take his turns for three days because he was going to be away, that was Tuesday, so I stopped taking his turns on Thursday Night, assuming that he was back. If he's not back yet, I guess I could take this turn for him too...

He wrougth that when Brizza did not take turn in this game.
I have impression that they were playing each other civ for a week here.

I found it extrimelly unfair as they border each other and me.

I was just ending his turn for him, while he was out of town, so that the timer could end early. There was not real diplomacy or decision making going on there. He only asked me to do it, because I'm his teammate in his other game, and that means only giving his password to one person. Sorry if anyone had a problem with it.

I try to look at civstat this mogning and it was down. I log into game and everything was right.
Now, 3.5 hours later civstat come online but shows situation that was 12 hours ago or soo.
Is that civstat problem or we lose some progress?

Mutineer said:
I try to look at civstat this mogning and it was down. I log into game and everything was right.
Now, 3.5 hours later civstat come online but shows situation that was 12 hours ago or soo.
Is that civstat problem or we lose some progress?

We didn't lose any progress, my no-ip log implies that my connection might have been crappy for a few minutes, so maybe that did something to the uploader I don't know.

Ok I found the culprit, from here:

OverloadUT said:
The CivStats server is down right now. Someone hacked my server and was hosting a phishing site on it so I took down the whole server until I can get this resolved. The hack was completely unrelated to civstats - it was more likely related to the really old versions of forum software I'm running on my other domains.

Berlin news.

Today New city was founded. It's citisens named it Dortmund.
Newly ellected burgomister invited a Greate Artist to help with selebrations.
Thespis arrived from Berlin and created a greate work of art in the city.
German empire become the most cultural expire in the word.
When we asked Her Bax what he think about his city he just moved on he sad:

" I am very proud to live in such delitfull place. You can find more culture there then in all other empires all together. Our neibors look with envy on our city and Ex Russian gold miner now exchange there gold for art in our city. It is triving and happy place."

German cancilor reitterate that Germany commited to the peace and stability in the region.
Some german historian claim that Dormund and surrounding area is a native German land.

Her Shrouder from German Institute of History sad:
"We found some bones and took with characteristic German bone structure in region of gold mine that dated about 6000BC. In more risent record there liaved by German scout about this gold hills date 3640BC. We can still see fires that left by them on gold hills"
We asked Her Shrouder:
German Institute of History was risently accused of accepting money from German goverment, does acceptin money from goverment let you keep true perspective on history?
"Every research institute need budget to work. Currently there are not many other source of budget exept goverment avalible. Never the less, Goverment does not interfere in our research. We our proud of our reputation and commitment to scientific truth."

Hmm.. Very strange. 5 hours untill end of turn and only few people made move.
It is civstat server down, our server is fine!

Troubling news from the Russian Empire. The founding of the German City of Dortmund has caused serious concern among the Russian Empire. Although it is just a fledgling city, the work of the German artist Thespis has caused thousands of German to flock to the city and it surrounding area.

The rapid influx of Germans has prompted the German government to seize gold mines on the newly created German – Russian border. The mines were previously mined by the Russian empire for a thousand years. The Russians still remaining in the area now find themselves in the minority and cry out for assistance. They claim they are being oppressed by the new German government.

The whole Russian Empire has felt the effects of this lose of all of their gold mines. There have been claims that Thespis was specifically commissioned by the German government to lay the basis for the German government’s seizure of the gold mines. The Russian Empire has viewed these recent developments as an act of aggression by their dominant neighbor.

The Russian Empire is demanding substantial reparations. Ambassadors from each side are trying to reach a peaceful resolution of this matter.

Top Bottom