The All Leaders Challenge Game Bullpen

Either that or playing it against the BTS expansion pack's improved AI.

How will all those new leaders fit into the bullpen? And if they change the traits of those already played, will we see some repeats?

I really enjoy following the threads and think its quite humorous that the ALC could last well into the next decade. :D

Looking forward to all the ALCs to come.

Is it possible to sticky this thread....it's an invaluable resource for those of us who wish to learn how to play better.

On a related note, here is the list of anticipated future ALC games, in order. However, this list doesn't include all those new leaders in the Beyond the Sword expansion pack--so when that comes out, it will mess this up. And of course I reserve the right to change the order on a whim. 'Cause I'm just crazy like that. :crazyeye:

How many of you think I'll get through every single leader before Civilization V comes out? Yeah, that's what I thought...

Game 17: Russia/Peter
Game 18: Spain/Isabella
Game 19: Viking/Ragnar
Game 20: Zulu/Shaka
Game 21: America/Roosevelt
Game 22: Arab/Saladin
Game 23: Celts/Brennus
Game 24: England/Churchill
Game 25: France/Napoleon
Game 26: Germany/Bismarck
Game 27: Korea/Wang Kon
Game 28: India/Mahatma Gandhi
Game 29: Mongolia/Genghis Khan
Game 30: Rome/Augustus Caesar
Game 31: Russia/Stalin
Game 32: America/George Washington
Game 33: Egypt/Ramesses
Game 34: England/Elizabeth
Game 35: Rome/Julius Caesar
Game 36: Russia/Catherine
Another vote for the sticky of this thread.
Well, with the official list out of BtS leaders, how will the new leaders fit in?
my guess(new leaders in Bold)

Game 17: Russia/Peter
Game 18: Spain/Isabella
Game 19: Sumer/Gilgamesh
Game 20: Viking/Ragnar
Game 21: Zulu/Shaka
Game 22: America/Roosevelt
Game 23: Arab/Saladin
Game 24: Babylon/Hammurabi
Game 25: Celts/Brennus
Game 26: England/Churchill
Game 27: Ethiopia/Zara Yaqob
Game 28: France/Napoleon
Game 29: Germany/Bismarck
Game 30: Greek/ Pericles
Game 31: HRE/ Charlemange
Game 32: Korea/Wang Kon
Game 33: Khmer/Suryavarman
Game 34: India/Mahatma Gandhi
Game 35: Mongolia/Genghis Khan
Game 36: Native American/ Sitting Bull
Game 37: Ottomans/ Suleiman
Game 38: Portugal/D. Joao II
Game 39: Rome/Augustus Caesar
Game 40: Russia/Stalin
Game 41: America/George Washington
Game 42: Byzantine/ Justinian I
Game 43: Celts/Boudica
Game 44: Dutch/Wilheim van Oranje
Game 45: Egypt/Ramesses
Game 46: England/Elizabeth
Game 47: French/De Gaulle
Game 48: Maya/Pacal II
Game 49: Persia/Darius
Game 50: Rome/Julius Caesar
Game 51: Russia/Catherine
Game 51: America/Lincoln
( list subject to change at the all leader challenger's discretion)

well i wont matter if Sisiutil doesnt finish his current game winkwinknudgenudge

Yeah, yeah, yeah... the next round will be posted tonight. Promise.

Hackapell, thanks for providing that list of the BtS leaders. Unlike Warlords, I plan on purchasing the new expansion pack ASAP. At the current snail's pace, that likely means the very next ALC will be played with the BtS expansion pack. That would still be played with Russia/Peter and on Monarch level; I kind of like the idea of keeping other things constant while the game elements shift significantly.

This also likely means I'll try to emphasize BtS leaders to an extent. I'll still go through the civilizations in alphabetical order ('cause I'm anal that way), but I'll give preference to the new leaders, given the choice. Game 22, for example, will be played with Lincoln rather than Roosevelt and Game 28 with De Gaulle rather than Napoleon. Game 25 is a toss-up because Brennus is still relatively new. I may hold a poll on that one. Other than that, your list looks bang-on and I'll likely adopt it to revise the upcoming game post. Thanks!

Of course, as I've said before, Civ V may come out before I complete all these games, especially at the current pace. But isn't that why we all love Civ so much? How many games, computer or otherwise, lend themselves to repeated and frequent game play for years after their initial release?

Hackapell, thanks for providing that list of the BtS leaders. Unlike Warlords, I plan on purchasing the new expansion pack ASAP. At the current snail's pace, that likely means the very next ALC will be played with the BtS expansion pack. That would still be played with Russia/Peter and on Monarch level; I kind of like the idea of keeping other things constant while the game elements shift significantly.

I advise you to play BTS on your own first before attempting an ALC with it on Monarch. Better AI will be fully implemented and there are new things like events (I believe you wouldn't disable them, would you?) and espionage that will change the strategies and game mechanics quite a bit. And there is a host of new techs and new units to get used to. That old beeline for grenadiers or cavalry just wouldn't be the same anymore.

@ sisutil

I just added in the leaders from BtS within the current structure of the list, but feel free to mix up my list. It's your challenge, after all. ;)
and yes, update soon... :please:

I advise you to play BTS on your own first before attempting an ALC with it on Monarch. Better AI will be fully implemented and there are new things like events (I believe you wouldn't disable them, would you?) and espionage that will change the strategies and game mechanics quite a bit. And there is a host of new techs and new units to get used to. That old beeline for grenadiers or cavalry just wouldn't be the same anymore.
As with the previous vanilla and Warlords ALCs, I'll leave all the default settings in place, and that includes events--unless there's a big push and agreement from the game followers to turn them off. I could see random events making a shadow game less comparable to the posted one. Nevertheless, I still see the ALCs as focusing primarily on overall tactics and strategy rather than dealing with every detail that comes up in the game. I think there's some randomness already in the game anyway; BTS will just add another random element and associated challenges.

To get the mod go poke around on the GOTM forum.

Sounds simple enough, but I must be getting too old. Spent an hour and I just got lost. Backtrack, and get lost again. I'd THINK I was getting somewhere, then find out I was on some Civ III area instead of civ IV... Backtrack, and find some more mods, then I run into too many and don't know what is what anymore, etc.... go back, try to find again....

Anyone know a DIRECT link?

HOF Mod Page

download links are at the bottom of the page

If it's not too late to ask -- could you switch Stalin with Peter? I've been wanting some Agg/Ind strategies. It's cool if you've already started planning, though.

Also, I would recommend moving Portugal or the Netherlands higher on the list, since it would be neat to see how colonies work as soon as you get BtS. What better way to do so than with seafaring civs?

What do you have your auto turn interval set to? In particular, is there a reason not to set it to 1, ensuring that you don't miss the victory save?

I hadn't thought to change it from the defaults. I'll do that next time.

Small Sidenote:
Sisutil, in this thread's first post you might want to add the Great Merchant Economy as a special feature to your ALC 14, since it was a quite remarkable and unique way to play the game :)

Small Sidenote:
Sisutil, in this thread's first post you might want to add the Great Merchant Economy as a special feature to your ALC 14, since it was a quite remarkable and unique way to play the game :)
Good idea. Done!

I've updated the 2nd post's list of upcoming games, with a tip o' the ALC lid to Hackapell for his suggestions.

thanks Sisiutil! these ALC's have helped my game tremendously, and I hope you continue!

LightSpectra, I should have seen that, and I apoligize. I agree that we can move up the Dutch to between the Celts and Churchill.

Top Bottom