Stormoverciv – an easy hosting alternative for ambitious mods and scenarios

Civinator

Blue Lion
Supporter
Some weeks ago the Stormoverciv-site went to a new much more capable server. So if you are looking for an alternative to AtomicGamer for uploading your ambitious scenarios or mods for free, you can do this easily at this site:

http://www.stormoverciv.net

For technical help please contact the administrator of that site, Marinecorps:
SOEforums@gmail.com

thanks for letting everyone know about this site, Civinator :goodjob:

as a matter of fact, this is where i house all of my files. it's great, too, b/c we have private forums here for scenario R&D. i can't overstate how convenient it is to have this type of arrangement. we can post playtest reports, random scenario design issues, and all kinds of other stuff related to civ3 scenario/mod creation.

so i guess anyone who would want this type of arrangement need only to visit there and ask one of the admins. i assume that modding groups could best utilize these features and not have to worry about posting remarks to one another via email or -gasp!- where the public could read every nitty gritty detail of the development.

anyhow, as a modder, i love it b/c everything can be organized through the private forums (ie. threads etc). so i highly recommend this feature :D

I just bookmarked the site, thanks for the info!

Im also looking for a host to a small website with info about my mod, does Storm over civ do this?

Im also looking for a host to a small website with info about my mod, does Storm over civ do this?

It's never been discussed before, but I'm not opposed to the idea. I've put up the idea to the rest to see their reaction.:)

Cool! I'll re-open soon a section in your forum for my mod like I had in that other one that closed which i forgot the name.. And if you could host a site all i would need is an account to upload.

I've been adding content to my site as I work on the mod, was thinking on finding a host soon, nice coincidence.

So this is like CDG reincarnated?

It certainly reminds me of that site after reading through a couple of threads.

What's the status of SOE?

Any screenies?

At the Storm Over Civ site, there is a public forum for SOE, where we soon will upload SOE screenes and informations about the status of SOE.

Edited:

o.K. One screene about New York. The Empire State and the Chrysler Building were added at the location of New York. They can be bombed away and been build up again.

Edited again: Screene updated 15-06-2008

Cool! I'll re-open soon a section in your forum for my mod like I had in that other one that closed which i forgot the name.. And if you could host a site all i would need is an account to upload.

I've been adding content to my site as I work on the mod, was thinking on finding a host soon, nice coincidence.

Sorry but the decision has been made to not offer website space at this time. Sorry.

I'm not sure why you would need your own website on our server. We allready offer your own private section in the forum for mod development.

But thats a forum space and I'll gladly use it soon ;) I also have a webpage im building that not only provides lots of information about the mod but also helps me organizing my work. I should find a space somewhere and then I'll link a forum to it.

But thats a forum space and I'll gladly use it soon ;) I also have a webpage im building that not only provides lots of information about the mod but also helps me organizing my work. I should find a space somewhere and then I'll link a forum to it.
You might want to give Free Webhosting a try.

http://www.stormoverciv.net/forums/showthread.php?p=16361#post16361

We have posted a large collection of wyrmshadows ships that have not been posted for DL since the fall of CDG.

The following units are available for DL at your own speed, DL as fast or slow as you wish.

Akula class submarine

Typhoon class submarine

HMS Ark Royal (1981)

Collins class submarine

Container Ship

USCG Cutter

DDG Kashin

Dolphin Class Submarine (Delta class submarine)

Type 23 Duke FFG

FS Charles de Gaulle

USS Forrestal

HMAS Australia

HMS Hermes (1959)

INS Vikramaditya

Kilo class submarine

LCAC

Los Angeles class submarine

Nanutchka III class missile corvette

Newport LST

Ohio Class Submarine